Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ritalin

[Se...]

I’ve been in a horrendous wave for the past seven months now and have ended up in hospital three times. I don’t know if it’s even a wave anymore. It feels as though I’m in severe withdrawal. I did gene testing which determined that I have the Mthfr mutation and a couple other things going on. It was determined that my serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine are low and that no antidepressant will work for me which is ok as I don’t want to be on any anyway. The doc wants to put me on Ritalin for the low dopamine. I am terrified because I don’t know what to do nor do I know how to get stable again. IV Ketamine as also been suggested too. I don’t want to be on anything, but am wondering if anyone has tried this and what their experience has been. I want relief, but am so sensitive and don’t really want another med introduced as the goal is to get off of all meds. I am kindled and am ultra sensitive to everything including pretty much everything I eat. Wondering if any have had experience or what some of your thoughts and opinions are. Sorry for posting so much and repeating myself across the site, but just need some advice. Thank you!

hey seeking hope, imo... this is a very hard process , and I know that you feel the need of doing something, I feel this also,.since the begging.. but that's is not the best thing to do while in severe distress ... just survive, rest and distract the way you can,

following are what in my option you could try instead of throwing more psych meds, im taking in count that you are polydrugged by now , I am on a drug also ..so  what I suggest first would be dimethylsulfoxide, to adress neuroinflammation,  idk how you will react, there is a thread started by me, please read and educate yourself about it... and make your own decision,

if you want to raise your dopamine .. you can try your Ritalin, still I don't think it's a good idea to trhow more psych meds ..

With the fllowing I have no personal experience but you could try of course beggining with the lowest doses possible NALT , alpha-gpc (choline) or Centrophenoxine, those are compounds that work on neurotransmitters you should educate and research on them yourself , aswell research about interactions, and use a milligram scale to low dose if you are willing to try.. 

Imo if you are willing to throw more psych drugs on drugs on top your risking to have a reaction, it's the same risk with these ones .... but I guess those are safer than the called meds... again imo,  time is essential in this process, despair and the need of doing something also, but throwing the called meds on top of meds is not the best decision..

also try one at the time with the lowest dose possible...  take care and stay strong