Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Opiods

[go...]

This will probably get moved over to the other meds section, but I had to take them for a few weeks during WD following surgery and had no issues. Oddly enough, sometimes they gave me windows for the following 1-2 days after taking them and it was very strange. Not sure if the windows either helped or delayed my recovery since I still haven't healed yet.

gonecase, there aren't any hard and fast rules for tapering.  Everyone finds a method that works for them and the supplements/other medications we take/don't take are individual also.  If you need an opioid for pain, they trying them and seeing how that works for you as you taper is fine.  The biggest caveat I can think of is that for anyone with a tendency toward addiction, using something like an opioid should be done with caution and perhaps supervision since it would be easy to replace one problem with another one.