Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Getting ready to start Bob7 dry taper klonopin

[Co...]

I'm getting to start the rest of my taper. I seem to be somewhat stable on .117 mg so am going to start at that dose. I have a couple questions.

Along with my orange .5 mg pills I still have some white 2 mg pills. Can I crush those or will it make it more complicated? The template for the dry .cut is using .5 mg pills.

Also what happens if the #of pills used for the powder mixture isn't exact like 4 pills. Do we just guesstimate?

Finally what happens if we get bad wd. So far I feel I am stable but really can't take worse symptoms. I am unable to drive or socialize because of wd symptoms. Btw hydroxyzine has really helped but has its own set of side effects.

You have tapered relatively fast so do not do anything strange right now - we don't want all the earlier reductions to hit all at once.

Is their a valid reason for wanting to use the 2mg pills?  If not, stay with what you have been doing.

If the wd gets real bad, you can hold your dose until things are tolerable.  DO NOT UP-DOSE.  I have seen it really cause problems.  If wd gets superbad, you could get on buspar for a few weeks.

Now that you are down to 0.125mg, I suggest you go real slow and smooth.

Here is what others have done in your situation.

Put 0.125mg into 100 mL of water.  You could add a tiny bit of Vodka to first dissolve the pill, it will make it easier to mix.

Day 1, mix very well and remove 1 mL of water and drink the rest.

Day 2, mix very well and remove 2 mL of water and drink the rest.

Day 3, mix very well and remove 3 mL of water and drink the rest.

After 100 days, you will be done.

Bob

I just now realized you wanted to do the dry cutting method.

That is much harder than the 100 mL water method I just suggested.

It I were you, I would first try the 100 mL water method.  If that fails, I will help you with the dry cutting method.

I've been taking .125mg and .19 alternating days and I have been able to stabilize on this dose after awful struggles with too fast taper to .125. The reason I wanted to do the dry taper was to average it out per week I guess and then reduce that by .001. Come to think if it how do I average it out.  Gosh I'm so sorry I'm not able to figure this out on my own. I already bought the scale and powder, should be here tomorrow. I guess I could return it. Can i do alternating doses with liquid?

CollieB,

I would like to see you reach the same dose every day before starting the 0.001 mg per day.

I am not sure we can make the capsules with varying doses.

Most importantly, I have heard people say, if you vary your dose (up one day and lower the next and then back up), it can confuse your brain and make things harder.

Do you think you can get to 0.125 mg per day and then I can help you with the 0.001 mg per day powdered reduction?

Bob

My doctor originally had me doing every other day but of course he also prescribed this stuff for 15 years so I guess I should take his advice with a grain of salt.

What I was hoping to do is average out this dose I am taking into a daily dose (which would be around .1875 I THINK but I don't know how to do the math. In fact now that I think about it I'm not sure it is possible but thank you.

Well if you are taking 0.125 on even days and (0.125 + 0.065) on odd days, then you can replace all that by taking the average each day (take 0.1575 mg each day is equal to what you are doing now).

I don't know how you figured that out but thank you! Now if I want to do the liquid taper how can I figure how the measure that?

Right now you are on an average of 0.1575 mg.

Do you want to start with 0.1575 mg in a liquid taper and reduce 1mL per day for about 100 days?

Right now you are on an average of 0.1575 mg.

Do you want to start with 0.1575 mg in a liquid taper and reduce 1mL per day for about 100 days?

Collie, just letting you know that I used this method at the end of my taper and it worked very well.  What I liked best about it was that no math is necessary.  I wish you all the best. 

Thank you Kate. Now I have to figure how to measure that out.  I'm thinking it's a 1/4 and 1/8th of a .5 pill.

Thank you Kate. Now I have to figure how to measure that out.  I'm thinking it's a 1/4 and 1/8th of a .5 pill.

This is where Bob7 comes in.    :thumbsup:

No I am not burned out.  I am happy to help you.

I think it would be much easier if you just use a 1/2 of a 0.5 mg pill each day.

If you want to do that, I will compute:

(1) How much water to dissolve 1/2 of a pill into.

(2) How much water to throw away so what is left is your 0.1575mg dose.

From that point, you will remove an additional 1 mL each day.

Question:  How many days do you want to finish your taper?  I think 90 days is safe but it is up to you.  Please let me know and I will start on the math.

Ok I understand how you are going to do it. I need to check with my doc and make sure I will have enough refills for that. I have 20 .5mg pills now

If you want to do that, I will compute:

(1) How much water to dissolve 1/2 of a pill into.

(2) How much water to throw away so what is left is your 0.1575mg dose.

Bob7, these two steps assume that .25mg clonazepam dissolves fully into the amount of water that you would add and, consequently, that this mixture is homogeneous. Given that clonazepam is practically insoluble in water, this is not a viable assumption — for instance, it could precipitate, and possibly only partially — and the dosage at step (2) may be erroneous in that it would not be the intended one.

potatosaur

Some add a little Vodka to break up the pill first but others say it isn't needed.

Read the comments from this video.  Many people have used this method successfully.

Ok I understand how you are going to do it. I need to check with my doc and make sure I will have enough refills for that. I have 20 .5mg pills now

You will need a total of 40 of your 0.5 mg pills to do this method.

Each day put 1/2 of a 0.5 mg pill in a jar.

If desired, add a tiny amount of Vodka to cover the pill and break it up.

Then add 125 mL of water and stir very, very well.

Then remove 46 mL of the mixture and throw it away.

Your jar now has 0.1575 mg of your drug in a 79 mL mixture.

Each day, remove 1 additional mL of the mixture and drink the rest. 

You will be done in 79 days.

Bob

Hey Bob! So easy it seems. Just a couple more questions and I'll be done!

1.I remove the 46 ml each day in addition to the taper 1 ml amount. The 46 ml never changes but the taper amount goes up by 1ml each day.

2. I have 1mg pills in addition to my .5 pills. Can I use 1/4 of those...same as a half of the .5 right?

3. How do I keep track of my doesage? Am I removing .001mg a day? I want to write it down. Thanks so much for your awesome help and I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey Bob! So easy it seems. Just a couple more questions and I'll be done!

1.I remove the 46 ml each day in addition to the taper 1 ml amount. The 46 ml never changes but the taper amount goes up by 1ml each day.

2. I have 1mg pills in addition to my .5 pills. Can I use 1/4 of those...same as a half of the .5 right?

3. How do I keep track of my doesage? Am I removing .001mg a day? I want to write it down. Thanks so much for your awesome help and I'll let you know how it goes.

Great questions.

For question 1, the answer is yes.

For question 2, the answer is yes, use 1/4 of a 1 mg pill.

For question 3, you are removing 0.002 mg a day.  If you want to reduce only 0.001 mg per day, I can recompute but it will drag out your taper to 158 days instead of 79.  You might see how you do at 0.002 mg a day and if you start to have too large of symptoms, then we change things.  It is up to you.  What do you want to do?

Ok great! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. I have a 60ml syringe and ml measuring cup so ready to go!

Ok tomorrow is the big day of starting the liquid taper. I finally bought a tiny bottle of 120 proof vodka to dissolve.  I'm pretty stable, still have some symptoms but ready to finish this last little bit!