Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Has anyone Tapered Multiple Psych Meds together

[Wi...]

Hey everybody.  I truly with all of my heart believe that I was misdiagnosed with bipolar about 6 months ago.  I graduated from college with 3 degrees.  I have a great job and have never missed a day of work due to mental illness issues.   

I was put on Geodon and Klonopin.  Then after a few months Lamictal was added.  I never felt worse in my life than these 6 months.  I know the meds have made me feel much worse than I felt before.  I believe my "break down" that happened 6 months ago was more due to other circumstances than it was to being truly bipolar.

That being said I want off all the meds.  I am a teacher so I want to try to accomplish this before the summer is over and be medication free for the begining of the school year.  I want all my withdrawals to occur over the summer.  I started to taper all 3 meds already. 

Klonopin 1mg to .75mg

Geodon 120mg to 100mg

Lamictal 100mg to 50mg

Has anyone had success tapering multiple meds at once.  I plan on staggering the last dose of each so I am not withdrawing completely from each.  I plan on stopping the Klonopin first then either lamictal or geodon.  I figured I wan to go through the hardest withdrwal first.

Any comments?

Honestly, I'm glad I c/t'ed my amitriptyline before I went into serious benzo w/d. It was hell, but I'm glad I did it, the stuff made me feel terrible. I'm not suggesting you do that with any of your meds - I was suicidally depressed from doing so -- just thought I'd tell you my own experience here, as I'm not sure there is any easy way out of a polydrug mess.

• 2 months later...

I started tapering in April from both klonopin and celexa.....I did ok until July....I told myself that

when I hit a snag that I would have to choose....I picked the celexa because I didn't want

another taper after the klonopin. For the most part I did ok....

I know most frown upon it.....If I had to do it again I probably would have finished the celexa

earlier and then started the klonopin....Really I did ok for the most part....

Look at Leena's blog....She talks a lot about that there...

Good Luck....