Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Oh wow tt,

Maybe you guys should wear masks in there. Sit away from everyone and keeps hand sanitized. I'm sure you will be ok,  just to be on the safe side.

You guys are brave to ask, I'm too chicken🐔 to ask even under these circumstances lol! I don't see him until May so I might casually bring up the possibility of not being able to get them and see what his response is, maybe he'll offer 😃 yes! I'm sure he will and then unicorns will appear in the sky that day! 😂😂

Oh wow tt,

Maybe you guys should wear masks in there. Sit away from everyone and keeps hand sanitized. I'm sure you will be ok,  just to be on the safe side.

I'm too concerned yet about going but if I hear of any cases in Connecticut then I'll worry. But I'm thinking if the hospital has any cases there will be precautions for people coming into the hospital I would think, like masks. Actually DD when I took my daughter to ER couple weeks ago there were masks at the entrance, I think bc of flu though. I'll be careful though, I carry purell in my purse on the regular. It became a habit when I was working with kids. I have it in my car and purse. I use it all winter long especially in the winter.

Watching David Muir, their Dr is saying unless you are sick, don't worry about wearing a mask.

Just keep hands clean and don't touch eyes.    ;). I really like him because he always makes sure to end his show with a happy story  :D

Watching David Muir, their Dr is saying unless you are sick, don't worry about wearing a mask.

Just keep hands clean and don't touch eyes.    ;). I really like him because he always makes sure to end his show with a happy story  :D

Yes that's what they've been saying on CNN too. The CDC says not to wear them unless your sick 🤷 they have Sanjay Gupta reporting every so often on what to do. Do you like Sanjay?

It's not riddle Tuesday but.... If you could be anything in the world right now what would it be?  :D

I would be a bottle of BLEACH 😂😂.. ok bad joke but we have to have some humor 🙃

Yes that's what they've been saying on CNN too. The CDC says not to wear them unless your sick 🤷 they have Sanjay Gupta reporting every so often on what to do. Do you like Sanjay?

Yes I do  :D. He really cares and is very knowledgeable.  I am glad we don't need the masks, I almost fainted when I looked on Amazon this morning.  Unbelievably expensive  :idiot:

It's not riddle Tuesday but.... If you could be anything in the world right now what would it be?  :D

I would be done and well with my taper, along with all of you.  (Cheesy).  :smitten:

Yes I do  :D. He really cares and is very knowledgeable.  I am glad we don't need the masks, I almost fainted when I looked on Amazon this morning.  Unbelievably expensive  :idiot:

I know right?! Unbelievable how expensive they are! The same thing with purell extremely expensive as NJ pointed out. It should be illegal to price gouge shame on them :tickedoff:

I would be done and well with my taper, along with all of you.  (Cheesy).  :smitten:

Aww mmmmm's that's sweet🤗

I know right?! Unbelievable how expensive they are! The same thing with purell extremely expensive as NJ pointed out. It should be illegal to price gouge shame on them :tickedoff:

That is so true, it should be illegal  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

That is so true, it should be illegal  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

My daughter just told me that the Dr she works for was looking at masks on eBay and someone was charging 500$ for 10 face masks! Some people are just terrible human beings but no excuse for Amazon! I hope they get in trouble!🤬

Hi all,

So I went out today and bought $140 worth of supplies.. mostly canned food and other non perishables. Also got isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.. I don't want to be a hoarder but I think a good emergency preparedness kit is good to have, especially in California where we could have an earthquake at any minute. I have been meaning to do it anyway so even if the virus thing is not a big deal (hopefully!!!!) then I will have my kit. I also got Nyquil in case of flu. And toilet paper haha.

Now I am going to try not to freak out about it, and not listen to the news too much. I am a bit worried about the stock market because all of my money is in there but what can you do. I have a good financial advisor that got us through 2008 so I am going to try not to worry. I did refill my non benzo prescription early with no trouble.

Hi all,

So I went out today and bought $140 worth of supplies.. mostly canned food and other non perishables. Also got isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.. I don't want to be a hoarder but I think a good emergency preparedness kit is good to have, especially in California where we could have an earthquake at any minute. I have been meaning to do it anyway so even if the virus thing is not a big deal (hopefully!!!!) then I will have my kit. I also got Nyquil in case of flu. And toilet paper haha.

Now I am going to try not to freak out about it, and not listen to the news too much. I am a bit worried about the stock market because all of my money is in there but what can you do. I have a good financial advisor that got us through 2008 so I am going to try not to worry. I did refill my non benzo prescription early with no trouble.

Good Olive! Preparing is very wise and like you said you love in California where earthquakes happen so no harm in having these things on hand. I bought 130$ worth of stuff today, nothing that will not get used up if not needed for this particular circumstance.

Hi all,

Toilet paper, what a good idea!!  I can't believe that didn't enter my mind.  :laugh: :laugh:  you are genius OK.    :D;)

Hi all,

Toilet paper, what a good idea!!  I can't believe that didn't enter my mind.  :laugh: :laugh:  you are genius OK.    :D;)

Gotta have that tp Mary 😂 I bought it too!  :laugh:

Hi all,

Gotta have that tp Mary 😂 I bought it too!  :laugh:

Yes, I believe we do  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi all,

Olive kitty,

If you got through 2008 your financial advisor is a magician. Nobody got through that! I also have stockmarket funds and I'm sick of my advisor. I want to change half to a different bank after this crises. The problem in my country is that there are no independent advisors, only the ones in the bank, so they advise you invest in their own products even when they might not be the best option at the moment. I'm very very very pissed with that these days. Sorry for the rant.

I wonder where you invested in 2008 to get through it. I'm glad you have such a great advisor.

Mary, while I tapered from 5 to 1 MG before the crash, I went every month to get a 30 5mgs pills prescription. Then in summer every time I went to a new psychiatrist I left with a prescription, just in case. Hence the stash. I think there's more if I count what I carry in my purse and what I've left in a drawer in a toilet bag in case I have an emergency and have to send someone home to get it.

Hi all - meems here.  Today was take Maggie to vet day.  Was there for like two hours.  Vet wants me to give her daily subQ fluids for 4 days and if her pawing at her cheeks and difficulty eating continues and breath is bad then I start her on antibiotics.  But the consensus is she will need dental work done as she has a lot of tartar and we don’t know what’s underneath it all.  Plus the added fluids both subQ and added to her wet food will enable the kidneys to flush out some of the toxins.  So I was pretty stressed.  Didn’t sleep well and terrible anxiety all morning that I had such bad DR and eye perception sxs while I was driving.  I was almost crying.  But I prayed and prayed to the archangels michael and Raphael (angel of healing) asking that I can please be healed for this day and for her.  To sit in those bright fluorescent rooms with dogs and cats and people and noise.  It was hard but I survived.  Am I survived driving.  Her vet is out of my comfort Zone of driving. Next week I got to take my mom to her cardiology dr appt which is along ordeal and he’s usually 1-1.5 hr late and is on the 8th floor and it’s a busy clinic and I always have a panic attack in the waiting room.  And it’s Super Tuesday and I have to take her to vote.  And I will too. Luckily we are the same place. Again, another social situation with people and you know I don’t like standing in lines with my legs. And you know I’m very passionate about politics and I’ve been off the rolls the last two elections we had ((not 2016 president) and so I had to vote on a provisional ballot which those get counted like days later. I kind of got mad at the volunteer and said it was voter suppression and the poor lady just looked at me.  I’m the type who can easily get arrested at a protest.  I went to an impeachment rally and my Trump mother said if I got arrested she was not getting me out jail.  I said “mom you don’t even drive. Plus this city is BLUE you have nothing to worry about.”  I called the state to make sure they have me as actively registered and they do so I better be on the rolls.  I always like to go early in the AM so I know my vote gets counted first    And her dr appt is 3pm.  Results start coming in close to that time.  I love watching the returns. 

Anyways so that’s what’s up with me today. Pretty tired.  Anxiety and fear wears you out. 

Olive - good reminder about supplies being we live in earthquake country.  Oh didn’t someone come down with coronavirus up there?  They have no idea how she got it.  I think it’s about 3 hrs inland from SC. 

Love ❤️ u

Meems

Oh I think it was you, Olive who said all your money is in the stock market.  Mine too.  I didn’t check today but I wonder how much I lost today and most likely will continue to.  In 2008 crash I lost $10K in one day.  And because of a contract clause I can’t touch my stock until June so I don’t think I can move it to cash account. 

[77...]