Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Georgie, if you were fine and your CNS was doing well with the Ativan prior to your taper, then I think there's definitely good reason for hope.  Trishy was truly blessed that prior to her taper, she was very stable and did not have I/D withdrawal, anxiety, etc from my understanding.  I think one of the issues that was brought up and that I truly ponder myself is that if you are at a stable place physically and mentally when you are on the med, before you taper, it's likely to go smoother.  I was not and so I'm personally just being realistic about my situation....that I may need to consider alternatives, that it's perhaps going to be rough waters for me.  I am most concerned with the K and how I'm going to be able to cut small and divide up the dose as I need, especially if I can't do the liquid. 

These inner trembles are pretty terrible, I agree, and again, I barely cut and went back up pretty quick - my CNS is just really rattled.

Georgie, I was on xanax for years doing fine but the kicker was I didn't know my anxiety was increasing and my depression was growing bc of the Xanax. I didn't connect the dots to Xanax. I thought I was just getting worse mentally. I didn't have the shakes or the twitching and jerking of muscles that goes with wd but I did have adrenaline rushes where I'd wake up almost everyday in a full blown panic attack. So depressed to almost unbearable and I hadn't a clue that it could be my benzo. So yes probably fortunate that I didn't have those other sxs while on it but definitely had worse anxiety and depression from it which makes acute wd look like a day at the beach by comparison. Btw I started taking 3 mgs when my 27 yr old neice died of stage 4 colon cancer in 2008 before her death I only took as needed accept 1 mg of the 3 I always took for sleeping at night . Before that I had lost two sisters in 1989 and 1992 . So my history with Xanax goes way back. My family and I have had to deal with a lot of tragedy. I just wish Xanax didn't become part of my solution of coping way back when.

Good night everyone, hoping for a better day for all.

Trish 💞 💞

Night you, I think my disaster is over for the night, whew :D

Georgie, if you were fine and your CNS was doing well with the Ativan prior to your taper, then I think there's definitely good reason for hope.  Trishy was truly blessed that prior to her taper, she was very stable and did not have I/D withdrawal, anxiety, etc from my understanding.  I think one of the issues that was brought up and that I truly ponder myself is that if you are at a stable place physically and mentally when you are on the med, before you taper, it's likely to go smoother.  I was not and so I'm personally just being realistic about my situation....that I may need to consider alternatives, that it's perhaps going to be rough waters for me.  I am most concerned with the K and how I'm going to be able to cut small and divide up the dose as I need, especially if I can't do the liquid. 

These inner trembles are pretty terrible, I agree, and again, I barely cut and went back up pretty quick - my CNS is just really rattled.

I made the mistake of watching teleision and not paying attention to the posts. Now, I'm lost in everyone's responses, benzo brain here.  These short acting drugs are tough but so are the longer ones. I read about a great deal of pain and misery and then read about the successes. We all need to believe we will be successful with time and support. I'm so sorry for your losses Trish. I lost my sister when she was 28 to breast cancer. I know the pain.

Georgie, I was on xanax for years doing fine but the kicker was I didn't know my anxiety was increasing and my depression was growing bc of the Xanax. I didn't connect the dots to Xanax. I thought I was just getting worse mentally. I didn't have the shakes or the twitching and jerking of muscles that goes with wd but I did have adrenaline rushes where I'd wake up almost everyday in a full blown panic attack. So depressed to almost unbearable and I hadn't a clue that it could be my benzo. So yes probably fortunate that I didn't have those other sxs while on it but definitely had worse anxiety and depression from it which makes acute wd look like a day at the beach by comparison. Btw I started taking 3 mgs when my 27 yr old neice died of stage 4 colon cancer in 2008 before her death I only took as needed accept 1 mg of the 3 I always took for sleeping at night . Before that I had lost two sisters in 1989 and 1992 . So my history with Xanax goes way back. My family and I have had to deal with a lot of tragedy. I just wish Xanax didn't become part of my solution of coping way back when.

So it's about that time to wish all peace and good health. We made it through another day. If you had a bad one, remember the pain is healing you. If you had a good one, congratulations! I hope for many more. Will see you all tomorrow. G

So it's about that time to wish all peace and good health. We made it through another day. If you had a bad one, remember the pain is healing you. If you had a good one, congratulations! I hope for many more. Will see you all tomorrow. G

Night Georgie!!

Good night LHSG  :smitten: :smitten:    Sleep well  :)

Good morning Queen Stut, hope your day was pleasant and you slept well last night, love you much, Lady Mary.....🍀💚🍀

You have to go to begood's blog and see our band, it is hilarious  :2funny: 

Good morning! Trying to get up and shower. Symptoms are definitely telling me I’m healing, shakes and nausea intense. Onward and upward! Have a great day! G

Good morning! Trying to get up and shower. Symptoms are definitely telling me I’m healing, shakes and nausea intense. Onward and upward! Have a great day! G

You are amazing, you are healing....love you Georgie  :D

One step at a time Mary. I dread mornings, they are the worst. Thanks for the encouragement. G

Morning Georgie you can do this sweetheart.

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning lady Mary how is your head today has the migraine eased?

Morning my Queen, so glad your internet is fixed!  I hope so, I have to play a wait and see game to be positive it isn't lurking.  It was all that Red Bull I was drinking on the sound set yesterday.  :laugh:

We will have a song soon so don't miss it.  How was your drive yesterday?  Are you with sis today?

Lady Mary 💚🍀💚🍀💚

Morning my Queen, so glad your internet is fixed!  I hope so, I have to play a wait and see game to be positive it isn't lurking.  It was all that Red Bull I was drinking on the sound set yesterday.  :laugh:

We will have a song soon so don't miss it.  How was your drive yesterday?  Are you with sis today?

Lady Mary 💚🍀💚🍀💚

Lol l would think it will be like listening to cats being strangled lol.Yes my love l had a nice afternoon yesterday nothing too strenuous thank God.We were talking a lot about our childhood which was nice we don't usually so l was able to relive a lot of memories.

Did you take any meds for the migraine.Where is Begood this morning?

Lady Mary 💚🍀💚🍀💚

Lol l would think it will be like listening to cats being strangled lol.Yes my love l had a nice afternoon yesterday nothing too strenuous thank God.We were talking a lot about our childhood which was nice we don't usually so l was able to relive a lot of memories.

Did you take any meds for the migraine.Where is Begood this morning?

I take sumatriptan, works sometimes, not others.  begood is here, may be on her walk and my damn porridge is coming, be right back if you can stay.......love you!

Morning twin, Mary and everyone.

Hey twin I think I need a rest. I had a weird experience falling asleep last night. I was dosing off when I felt weird all over body sensation like vibration and muscles tightening. I thought I was having a seizure. I think maybe I was waking during a phase of the sleep cycle?? Any thoughts on this?  I'm extremely stressed and severe worry has set in but doing my best to cope.i think I'll be hanging at 1 mg for at least a month.. I'll have to see how I feel in a couple weeks??

Hope you are doing ok, you and sis 💞💞

Much love to you,

LST💞💞

Hey twin I think I need a rest. I had a weird experience falling asleep last night. I was dosing off when I felt weird all over body sensation like vibration and muscles tightening. I thought I was having a seizure. I think maybe I was waking during a phase of the sleep cycle?? Any thoughts on this?  I'm extremely stressed and severe worry has set in but doing my best to cope.i think I'll be hanging at 1 mg for at least a month.. I'll have to see how I feel in a couple weeks??

Yes, definitely plan on a longer hold Trishy, sounds like a wd sxs but keep a eye on it.  May never happen again.  You have been through a lot this week, your son, your friends husband.  How is he?

Much love to you,

LST💞💞

Yes, definitely plan on a longer hold Trishy, sounds like a wd sxs but keep a eye on it.  May never happen again.  You have been through a lot this week, your son, your friends husband.  How is he?

Much love to you,

LST💞💞

Awe twiny l have had that on a number of occasions k always take that particular symptom as a sign to hold for a while.l know it is a particularly nasty one.It always happens when l am in bed it is nearly like an all over judder if that makes sense.

What l do is not over think it and don't add fear into the mix.l know it ain't easy but from my experience you definitely aren't having a seizure or l would have had one by now.

I have never had it on a regular basis just every so often.

Love you lST

I 'm back Stut.  :(.  Looking everywhere for you  :D

Did you inhale your oats my love 😁.Are you sure BG is ok?l am a bit worried.

Inhaled them, looked like Sly  :laugh: :laugh:  She was fine, we were pmimg each other.  At least she didn't mention feeling bad.

Inhaled them, looked like Sly  :laugh: :laugh:  She was fine, we were pmimg each other.  At least she didn't mention feeling bad.

You lot and your pming lol.As long as she is ok.Honestly this bloody forum is going to give me a heart attack.Anyway what are you at today?

Much love to you,

LST💞💞

Awe twiny l have had that on a number of occasions k always take that particular symptom as a sign to hold for a while.l know it is a particularly nasty one.It always happens when l am in bed it is nearly like an all over judder if that makes sense.

What l do is not over think it and don't add fear into the mix.l know it ain't easy but from my experience you definitely aren't having a seizure or l would have had one by now.

I have never had it on a regular basis just every so often.

Love you lST

Oh thank God for you twinny! Yes that makes a lot of sense. Judder is the right word! That's exactly what happened.

I love you lady, I will fear not.. Just stay close 😳💞💞

Sending you a boat love of hugs.. Don't know where I'd be without your reassurance.

You lot and your pming lol.As long as she is ok.Honestly this bloody forum is going to give me a heart attack.Anyway what are you at today?

Very exciting stuff, cleaning out drawers, and listening to music, now that I can enjoy it again.  Believe me, those drawers are way past a good cleaning.  The other day, I found a note my dad sent me with some pictures, probably about a year before he passed away.  It was so unexpected and so sweet, I had to sit down.  I folded it and put in nice envelope so now I know where it is :)

[39...]