Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Month 8 and it's getting better

[gt...]

Hi all,

I'm now in month 8 post jump and I think I am starting to see sustained healing. I don't know if it's a long window or what, but I have been able to live my life more normally for weeks now. My only remaining physical symptoms, dizziness, exhaustion/fatigue, and tremors, have all gotten better. I still have to deal with minor dizziness, which I would no longer describe as dizziness, but sensitivity to certain motions. I still have bouts of tremors and extreme exhaustion. Lately though, I wouldn't describe any of these as anything more than moderate and usually they are minor.

The biggest gains I have seen though are mentally. My anxiety has started to subside and more importantly for me, my agoraphobia has started to lessen it's grip. Last week I drove by myself to a business meeting. I was very nervous prior to the meeting, but found my old self after I arrived. This weekend I felt like I was in a good place, so I drove 45 minutes away from home, by myself, on highways (considered some of the worst in my country) and went through many sections where exits weren't immediately available. I thought I did great. I was very calm most of the time. I felt like my old self again behind the wheel. I can now go on daily walks again with lessened hesitation or compulsion to go home. Overall, things are starting to look positive.

I still find it hard to shake agoraphobia in certain situations. I still have issues when I get stuck in traffic and I'm not in a lane where I could pull over. The thought of driving long distance to see my family is overwhelming (and I really miss them!). I have bouts of pretty severe depression now (this is new to me). Overall though, my old self is starting to poke out and living life has become much more manageable.

What a wonderful update gtheo, I think your post is my favorite of the day!  Thank you for sharing your encouraging news with us.  :smitten:

I am so happy for you. I really gaged a lot of my recovery by my driving. Highways are such a positive sign and also, feeling like your old self once you got past the hump at the meeting.

I too, have depression that still persists. BUT moving in the right direction....

I am a little ahead of you at almost 11 months and I can tell you that things just slowly get better and better and they will for you too!

:)))

Of course and thank you both for the words of encouragement! That is fantastic Holdingontohope! I am very much looking forward to the future.