Life threatening autonomic dysfunction

[Do...]

Doom

These are pretty common wd sx of a benzo.  You are not even 3 months off.  You are a short term user and you are very young. You need to distract yourself and do what ever you can.  Translator was on benzos off and on for 25 years so no comparison at all.  Go on the short term user board and find people who were on it if you must compare.  Try to stop the panic and fear.  I was also on my benzo long term and have healed dramatically since being cold turkeyed.  You are revving yourself up.  Quit googling your sx.  Read the Ashton manual most if not all of your sx are listed.  When in doubt of your life go get checked out.  Nobody on here is a doctor.  Is it going to be pleasant?  No it’s not but you will heal in time. 

U

My nails are going white

Yes Miss I think it is air hunger I had it too it is gone and has been for a very long time.  It will go away it takes time and yes if Doom was actually suffering from autonomic dysfunction she would not be here. The doctor would have admitted her. But the fear panic and anxiety is driving all of it and can make it very difficult to see logic.

I’m not breathing correctly at all and it’s just getting worse. My nails are going white

Doom

These are pretty common wd sx of a benzo.  You are not even 3 months off.  You are a short term user and you are very young. You need to distract yourself and do what ever you can.  Translator was on benzos off and on for 25 years so no comparison at all.  Go on the short term user board and find people who were on it if you must compare.  Try to stop the panic and fear.  I was also on my benzo long term and have healed dramatically since being cold turkeyed.  You are revving yourself up.  Quit googling your sx.  Read the Ashton manual most if not all of your sx are listed.  When in doubt of your life go get checked out.  Nobody on here is a doctor.  Is it going to be pleasant?  No it’s not but you will heal in time. 

U

What if the panic is because of the autonomic dysfunction is not like i can help it

Doom

U

My nails are going white

Blue nails can be sign of breathing problems.  :)

Doom

Then go to hospital and have them check your oxygen levels.  Air hunger can also cause some strange sx. The unknown is a pretty scary thing. But I do know if you truly had autonomic dysfunction you would not be able to type or focus.  Let alone be conscious.  Get checked out and you may feel at ease.  None of us are doctors. 

U

Doom

U

My nails are going white

Are your nail beds (the base of your fingernail) blue? Are your lips blue? Those are signs of not getting enough oxygen. Your nails going white…I don’t know what that means, but it doesn’t sound like loss of oxygen. It honestly sounds like symptoms of panic.

Doom

Then go to hospital and have them check your oxygen levels.  Air hunger can also cause some strange sx. The unknown is a pretty scary thing. But I do know if you truly had autonomic dysfunction you would not be able to type or focus.  Let alone be conscious.  Get checked out and you may feel at ease.  None of us are doctors. 

U

Autonomic dysfunction progresses

I have to constantly think about my breathing, because I stop breathing both day and night. So I do a lot of breathing exercises and meditate to feel calm.

Are you sensitibe to noise and light

Doom-Sensitivity to light and sound is a very common wd sx.  It was one of my sx that has gone away.  If you think you have autonomic dysfunction go to the hospital and get checked out. You are going to be okay.  You are hyper focused on them which is a sx too.  I know you think you are the only person or the worst case but your not.  That is the fear panic and anxiety.  I have had most of the sx listed in the Ashton Manual as most of us have.  Only read positive stuff on the internet, distract and keep yourself as calm as you can.  You are working yourself up and it’s making the suffering worse. 

U

Of course, the word life-threatening is a scary word. I have read your posts and I have similar problem, respiratory depression. But my problem is the recovery.

Benzo has caused your problems, and then I don't think it will be better to continue with this. I don't think it makes things better, maybe worse?

And Ashton has written; The original benzodiazepine dose often does not work the second time round. Some may find that only a higher dose partially alleviates their symptoms, and then they still have to go through a long withdrawal process again, which again may not be symptom-free."

But it is your own choice, and it is impossible for others to decide what is the best for you.  :)

Does respiratory depression improve

Of course, the word life-threatening is a scary word. I have read your posts and I have similar problem, respiratory depression. But my problem is the recovery.

Benzo has caused your problems, and then I don't think it will be better to continue with this. I don't think it makes things better, maybe worse?

And Ashton has written; The original benzodiazepine dose often does not work the second time round. Some may find that only a higher dose partially alleviates their symptoms, and then they still have to go through a long withdrawal process again, which again may not be symptom-free."

But it is your own choice, and it is impossible for others to decide what is the best for you.  :)

Yes, a lot depends on myself. If I panic, it will be much worse. Breathing exercises and meditation help me (YouTube). And I try not to focus on this.

Yes, a lot depends on myself. If I panic, it will be much worse. Breathing exercises and meditation help me (YouTube). And I try not to focus on this.

When did it start for you mine was sort of straight away and is getting worse no negativity just looking for input

When did it start for you mine was sort of straight away and is getting worse no negativity just looking for input

I don't remember, my story is so long, so it's not good to compare with me. :)

As others have written, why not ask for a second option and tests? Maybe Autonomic dysfunction is wrong, and the doctor knows nothing about Benzo-WD. We can only guess.  :)

As others have written, why not ask for a second option and tests? Maybe Autonomic dysfunction is wrong, and the doctor knows nothing about Benzo-WD. We can only guess.  :)

Sort of matches my intense symptoms

Trouble swallowing

Temperature swings

No sweating

Manual breathing

Feel like ive damaged my autonomic nervous system

Doom-Sensitivity to light and sound is a very common wd sx.  It was one of my sx that has gone away.  If you think you have autonomic dysfunction go to the hospital and get checked out. You are going to be okay.  You are hyper focused on them which is a sx too.  I know you think you are the only person or the worst case but your not.  That is the fear panic and anxiety.  I have had most of the sx listed in the Ashton Manual as most of us have.  Only read positive stuff on the internet, distract and keep yourself as calm as you can.  You are working yourself up and it’s making the suffering worse. 

U

I just need someone from benzobuddies to see me i know this is not possible I’m just saying I’ve got no support

U

I just need someone from benzobuddies to see me i know this is not possible I’m just saying I’ve got no support

You've got the support of this community Doomandgloom2.  I found that no one who had not been there really understood my withdrawl - how could they since they had not been there?  The connections as well as the support I got here at BB was the most important link for my recovery.

I am sorry you have no support.  I don’t either, and have not had any.  I am alone too completely and have been since day one.  You will still heal it’s hard and unfortunately nobody will ever understand.  If you don’t have a primary doctor or therapist you should get one.  It helps to have someone aware of withdrawal.  Also you said your brother is around.  I advise you to talk to him.  Wait til you are calm and more rationale as you can be.  Don’t try to convince him you are in withdrawal it won’t work.  Have him get on benzo buddies and make an account for himself.

U

Sort of matches my intense symptoms

Trouble swallowing

Temperature swings

No sweating

Manual breathing

Feel like ive damaged my autonomic nervous system

WebMD will say that 100 other things match all of your symptoms, all of which are terrible diseases. That’s the issue with symptom checkers. They’re inaccurate if you’re not a medical professional, and our brains are going to look for the worst possible answer.

• 7 months later...
Anyone here know how to find him I have so many questions as we had the same issue. He said he was told he could pass In his sleep from it. Was that just fear or true. The manual breathing issue is one I have. So he took a histamine blocker and that healed autonomic dysfunction. How?