Taper plan 20mg Valium

[Or...]

Hi OrWarrior,

I hope you don't mind but I merged your latest post into your taper thread, its actually better to see your taper posts together to help with continuity.  It helps other members see your situation better so they can make suggestions.

So you've only been on the 20 mgs we've been talking about for a week?  I'm actually not sure what the answer is because while Valium is slower to build I would imagine a week is enough to have an impact.  Maybe you could split the difference?  Lets see what some others have to say.

Hello, OrWarrior.

I know you are feeling miserable right now but my suggestion continues to be hold at your current dose to give your body/CNS time to process and adjust to all of the changes its experienced.

Do you think you could follow Pamster’s suggestion to hold at least 10 days, preferably 14? 

Have you started a daily journal to keep track of your symptoms?  You might be pleasantly surprised to find they begin to stabilize (as in stop changing) and maybe even lessen a bit in intensity over this time period.

I also want to encourage you to keep a journal.  It will help you see improvements which are easily missed on any given day.  When we feel sick, we forget the pass. 

I take it 11am  and pm every 12 hours, and honestly the morning dose makes me depressed like all day, and then when i get to like 4pm it starts to be more dark and at 10:30 like right before my dosing night time it gets a little bit better, but then i have to take again and all just a vicous circle

I am wondering if you have the right type of medication.

Think back over the years, was anxiety or depression your core problem?  Why did you start benzos in the first place? 

Anxiety panic and depression was why i was put on them with an ssri. The doctor just didnt told me to stop the benzos after the ssri started working.

Bob7 has made an important observation and I hope you can come up with some answers to his questions but if not please consider this.  Two of the most common complaints about Valium is the sedation and depression but I'm told this passes once your body becomes acclimated.  I know you feel like you're ingesting poison but I really feel its in your best interest to keep taking it and holding for awhile longer.  You've been ripped on and off of these drugs and it takes a huge toll on your brain so please consider allowing your brain some consistency, it really needs this right now.

Thank you Pamster, i didnt understand what bob ezactly means, cuz i taperd off my ssri and zoloft and i dont want to go back taking more meds now

• 2 weeks later...
Still have all the scary symptoms memory problems cognition, anything that was there before and even worse..updosing definitely bad idea. My doctor cut me down to 17 now.