3 years intrusive thoughts, anxiety, need a friend

[le...]

You have lot of additional stress to deal with at the moment that can greatly affect how you feel. I had lot emotional stress last year with toxic family, it has hampered my recovery. I don't know anything about lunesta or Prozac maybe someone else can help you with what to do. Once your son and wife have recovered from covid hopefully things will calm down bit for you. I know that feeling of constant fear, people say think more positively, but really hard to dig yourself out of the black hole. But I do think once your son and wife recover things will improve for you.  Somone else just said how awful taurine is now, so really confused, so difficult when you get conflicting advjce

Thanks for your words, I really appreciate it. My wife and son are getting better every day.

As for me, at this moment I’m reading a book with the title “Overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts”. This is my fast pass through. I understand the concept of the book and sometimes it sticks and sometimes it doesn’t, but I’ll keep reading it. Whatever helps is good.

The thing is that lately I haven’t had any intrusive thoughts, only the fear of having them. Isn’t my mind wild and imaginative! instead of being afraid of a thought, now I’m more afraid of having them!

The fear of fear!

At this moment I’m okay, “trying” to relax and hopefully get rested for tomorrow.

• 3 months later...
Miraz30 lunesta Works on gaba a receptors like a benzo, you should figure out a way to stop since It is detrimental tô your recovery, take care

• 8 months later...

How are you now? I hope you are doing fine. I have to deal with OCD before benzos and during the taper it got very exacerbated. I wonder how many here have pre existing OCD and have to deal with benzos.

All I can say it's horrible... the analysis paralysis, the energy spent, the burning brain and feeling hopeless with the intrusive thoughts.

I am on 100mg of Luvox right now but antidepressants caused my tinnitus (got two tones on sertraline) and now, despite my will of maxing out the dose of Luvox to stop the OCD thoughts while tapering, I don't want to make tinnitus worse so Idk what to do.

Sadly falling apart here. I was really unwell fir about 3 months after flu jab, no idea if was that or a virus, or already had something who knows. Felt psychotic then developed new set intrusive thoughts have keep washing stuff, Got so bad dud take diazapam fir about 9 weeks small dose now dealing with withdrawal from that. Mine more anxiety than OCD, never had anything before the CT. Tried 4 different AD’s they all made symptoms much worse, so sadly didn’t help me. So did the SSRI help the OCD. The fact made my thoughts lot worse makes me think it’s not OCD, as they are go to meds for it. Have you tried surviving anti depressants have lot  advice about them. Think there is a support group on here for people with pre existing OCD somewhere.

Sadly falling apart here. I was really unwell fir about 3 months after flu jab, no idea if was that or a virus, or already had something who knows. Felt psychotic then developed new set intrusive thoughts have keep washing stuff, Got so bad dud take diazapam fir about 9 weeks small dose now dealing with withdrawal from that. Mine more anxiety than OCD, never had anything before the CT. Tried 4 different AD’s they all made symptoms much worse, so sadly didn’t help me. So did the SSRI help the OCD. The fact made my thoughts lot worse makes me think it’s not OCD, as they are go to meds for it. Have you tried surviving anti depressants have lot  advice about them. Think there is a support group on here for people with pre existing OCD somewhere.

I do know the forum but not this support group, maybe I should check it out.

I am sorry you are going through all this. Maybe you are not responding well to SSRIs because it's a matter of glutamate excess. I don't know how to properly address that without hindering our recovery or any implication like that. I am not an expert though and the sensory overload symptom I struggle with makes it painful to keep researching on screens.

Good luck. May we all be happy.

God bless you.