Doing great :)

[...]

cwj,

congrats!!!!

Reading your post is so encouraging...it gives me hope during some pretty rough days like today.

Not only are you symptom free, you are feeling really good too :yippee: :yippee: Totally happy for you!!!

Blessings,

itzsweird

p.s.  every time I see a pic of Dragon, I smile.  My sweetest cat is a tux! 

I love Dragon!  :smitten:

I actually saved his pic to 'my pictures' a while back, hope you don't mind!  :laugh:

Chris,

What a wonderful success story! I'm so very happy for you. You are such a good guy, you deserve all the best in life.  :smitten: 

Thanks for your encouraging post.

My challenge is keeping the faith with the waves of w/d; although each new one is less than its previous one, their persistence is kinda scary and discouraging.

I had no idea that they were called tuxedo cats. I lost my 17 year old tuxedo cat in October 2010. She

slept against my chest every night. I got a buckwheat pillow but just not the same...

Congratulations......What great success....

Pam

This is SOOO encouraging! I was taking about the same dose of Klonopin you were, except for not as long. So this is just what I needed - a bit of hope.  :thumbsup:

This is SOOO encouraging! I was taking about the same dose of Klonopin you were, except for not as long. So this is just what I needed - a bit of hope.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Hollyms!

So you are a week free now?  Trust me, it's only a matter of time (and not necessarily a long time) before you'll be back to 100%  :thumbsup:

All my best to you!

-Chris

This is SOOO encouraging! I was taking about the same dose of Klonopin you were, except for not as long. So this is just what I needed - a bit of hope.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Hollyms!

So you are a week free now?  Trust me, it's only a matter of time (and not necessarily a long time) before you'll be back to 100%  :thumbsup:

All my best to you!

-Chris

God I'm glad to hear you say that, all that I've been hearing from other people on here is that I need to hunker down and prepare for the crap to start hitting the fan. Like  I really need to hear that when I'm trying to stay positive! I know it's not going to be easy so I dont need people to remind me that it's not :(

Hi Holly!

Yeah, some members here are going through extreme withdrawal.  The benzos have been very cruel to them and it really isn't fair  :(

However, no one can (or should) tell you how long or how severe your own w/d will be.  It's impossible to predict, as everyone is unique. 

Hoping a smooth recovery for you :)

[ae...]

This is SOOO encouraging! I was taking about the same dose of Klonopin you were, except for not as long. So this is just what I needed - a bit of hope.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Hollyms!

So you are a week free now?  Trust me, it's only a matter of time (and not necessarily a long time) before you'll be back to 100%  :thumbsup:

All my best to you!

-Chris

God I'm glad to hear you say that, all that I've been hearing from other people on here is that I need to hunker down and prepare for the crap to start hitting the fan. Like  I really need to hear that when I'm trying to stay positive! I know it's not going to be easy so I dont need people to remind me that it's not :(

I'll second that!  ;) That's good news to hear....Congrats on your success (I'm 3 day off K now! Yay!) Your positive outlook brightens my day...Thank you!

Hey buddies!

I've been off of benzos for nearly 3 months now and am healed from the withdrawal.  I have an "anxiety/depressive" disorder, so learning to cope with life without the emotion numbing effects of a benzo has been a bit of a challenge. 

Nevertheless that's exactly what I'm doing  :thumbsup: 

I really can't think of any lingering w/d symptoms.  In fact I'm doing considerably better than even pre-benzo days!  My social anxiety is essentially non-existent.  Zero panic attacks.  Depression, which I've had for many many years is gone.

You all will heal :) 

All my love,

Chris 

So happy for you chris.  All I hear is horror stories lately.. I am thrilled for you.. This should give me some hope, because i believe I will never heal or finish my taper.. You story is amazing.. Your health should continue every day from hear on and a beautiful life.. All the best to you.  Mishi

Thanks Clementine, Grace Seeker and Mishi!

:)

Mishi,

Yeah I would be wary of reading benzo horror stories while trying to recover (even though I did the same thing). 

It is a fact that some people have an extremely tough and prolonged w/d,  but please don't let that get you down.

It's essential to have a positive attitude to get through the benzo mess.

All my best!

Chris

[ae...]

CWJ -Thanks for returning and updating your posts. Your positive outlook is a nice lift for us all. Can I ask, around what point did you start to notice some nice improvements from the anxiety? I'm a week off the Klonopin and having some long nice afternoon/evening windows...but those dreaded mornings are tough. Hope it's ok to ask - your success keeps me hopeful!  ;) Thanks again

Clem

Hello CWJ

Thank God for you and your post. Recovery for me is about retraining my brain to think positive thoughts. I know that the physical sx will be there but the emotional/physcological sx can be influenced by me and how I choose to think and behave. Knowing that you are feeling better than you did before the drugs gives us hope. I cannot wait to be better than before - - my husband and kids cannot wait either!  :yippee:

Happy Tuesday!

Clementine- Hi there!

I noticed anxiety improvement at about 1 1/2 months out, but it was steadily getting better before that.

The fact you're getting nice windows at only a week off is a very good sign!

Morning anxiety is the worst isn't it?  But that will fade  :thumbsup:

Hi Lidaboo!

Thank you so much!

You have a very positive attitude, and that should carry you a long way.  :)

Remember that, even when (or if!) your physical symptoms persist longer than you'd like.

All my best to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey buddies!

I've been off of benzos for nearly 3 months now and am healed from the withdrawal.  I have an "anxiety/depressive" disorder, so learning to cope with life without the emotion numbing effects of a benzo has been a bit of a challenge. 

Nevertheless that's exactly what I'm doing  :thumbsup: 

I really can't think of any lingering w/d symptoms.  In fact I'm doing considerably better than even pre-benzo days!  My social anxiety is essentially non-existent.  Zero panic attacks.  Depression, which I've had for many many years is gone.

You all will heal :) 

All my love,

Chris 

Thank god you are better... I am so happy to hear it... Please stay well from here on...  So happy for you? Luv, Mishi

:yippee: CWJ-First, I love the picture of Dragon. He is so beautiful! I'm very much a cat-person, but also love others animals too :) I know you must know of the Rainbow Bridge...he's there :angel: And, thanks for the inspiration. I get very scared sometimes that I will not experience lucidity, love, compassion, non-anxiety, --emotions and feelings I had before the poisonous pills prescribed by "professionals." The success stories, even if they're only moments, keep my spirits up and I can tell myself.....we WILL heal! Thanks again. T2

• 3 months later...