Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Information on Antidepressants and mood stabilizers you should know

[Pe...]

I think after experiencing benzo withdrawal we are all keenly aware of how medications seriously alter body processes.  I am deeply concerned seeing so many benzobuddies taking psychotropic drugs.  Just as there is broad ignorance in the medical community regarding benzos, the same goes for antidepressants and mood altering drugs.

Please do your research and make informed decisions before taking these drugs.  Some good resources for information are places like

http://psychmedaware.org

http://www.CCHR.org (you can order a free DVD called "The Marketing of the Madness" from this website, or watch it on the web site, that is truly informative!)

or just simply do a search such as "Paxil withdrawal" or "trazadone withdrawal" and it will bring up communities, much like benzobuddies for benzos, and you can read peoples personal stories of what happened to them while taking/quiting these types of drugs.

It is none of my business, but out of impersonal love and concern for you all, I hope you will educate yourselves and I pray you are not digging a deeper ditch with other medications.  I was myself on Prozac for 20 years.  When it became ineffective, as they all do, they tried Welbutrin, Buspar, Paxil, Zoloft, and Lexapro throughout the years, but always ended up switching me back to Prozac.  I didn't realize how much harm it was doing to me until I eventually weaned myself off it.  It was a horrific withdrawal, I dropped down to 90 lbs at 5'6" tall!  I complained of the w/d symptoms to my Drs and all of them said they were unaware of any w/d.  But I found a community of people who had experienced the same w/d I did.

It was worth the hell of getting off it.  It was causing me alot of mental and physical symptoms that must have gradually built up over the years because I didn't make the connection between my symptoms and the medication.  Much like benzo tolerance creeped up on me.  And we all know the DRs never make the connection.

Just be careful!!!

I think after experiencing benzo withdrawal we are all keenly aware of how medications seriously alter body processes.  I am deeply concerned seeing so many benzobuddies taking psychotropic drugs.  Just as there is broad ignorance in the medical community regarding benzos, the same goes for antidepressants and mood altering drugs.

Please do your research and make informed decisions before taking these drugs.  Some good resources for information are places like

http://psychmedaware.org

http://www.CCRH.org (you can order a free DVD called "The Marketing of the Madness" from this website, or watch it on the web site, that is truly informative!)

or just simply do a search such as "Paxil withdrawal" or "trazadone withdrawal" and it will bring up communities, much like benzobuddies for benzos, and you can read peoples personal stories of what happened to them while taking/quiting these types of drugs.

It is none of my business, but out of impersonal love and concern for you all, I hope you will educate yourselves and I pray you are not digging a deeper ditch with other medications.  I was myself on Prozac for 20 years.  When it became ineffective, as they all do, they tried Welbutrin, Buspar, Paxil, Zoloft, and Lexapro throughout the years, but always ended up switching me back to Prozac.  I didn't realize how much harm it was doing to me until I eventually weaned myself off it.  It was a horrific withdrawal, I dropped down to 90 lbs at 5'6" tall!  I complained of the w/d symptoms to my Drs and all of them said they were unaware of any w/d.  But I found a community of people who had experienced the same w/d I did.

It was worth the hell of getting off it.  It was causing me alot of mental and physical symptoms that must have gradually built up over the years because I didn't make the connection between my symptoms and the medication.  Much like benzo tolerance creeped up on me.  And we all know the DRs never make the connection.

Just be careful!!!

The CCRH link is to the Center for Columbia River History.  ???

We've had many members post this link in the Benzo's in the News section, but I guess it could fit here too.  :)