Generic Klonopin / ACCORD - SOLCO - TEVA

[Fr...]

I've only been a member here for just over a year. I've had a couple different generic clonazepam medications from my pharmacy. I was on ACCORD for about 9 months, then they switched me to SOLCO. Transition seemed fine with little to no side affects. The SOLCO brand has a different weight 200mg vs ACCORD 170. So there was a bit of math to figure out tapering but all went well. What I did notice with SOLCO is that it seemed to have a longer half-life between doses.

Now I've been given a different generic; TEVA. Looking through past posts on this site, it looks like TEVA was discontinued a while back? Can anyone share their experiences with TEVA clonazepam?

I've been on every flavor of klonopin and since I'm in tolerance withdrawal I have to say that they are all equally useless. That being said, people in general seem to think Accord is the worst. This is the one I'm tapering off of. I'm water tapering so it doesn't really matter which brand I get, but I could see where it could get confusing to someone who is dry cutting and going by weight.

Actually, now that I think about it. I think I got worse when I was switched from Solco to Accord. Yes, Solco lasted longer. Accord doesn't do anything for me at least, or very little meaning it might help a bit for about an hour.

• 1 year later...

I had to call my doctor and request he authorized a refill early. I get 90-day prescriptions and they've always been from the same two pharmacies usually. It's always accord or TEVA. I know TEVA was out until just basically this week (Mid-June 2023) and my last refill was Solco. I had not even realized it was a different manufacturer until a week in to my refill. I was getting withdrawal symptoms. I could not make it to the next dose without getting withdrawals. I have no idea why, but I guess it's just our physiology. We all react differently.

I'm so grateful my doctor heard me and called in a new refill that will come from Walgreen's and will be TEVA. I cannot recommend Solco but I guess to each their own. I hated them. It ruined my sleep, gave me migraines, and started to impact me at work because my intensity went through the roof and it was obvious how anxious I was during meetings! Just found this community so I know I'm on an old post but I'm happy to be here and get support!

I had to call my doctor and request he authorized a refill early. I get 90-day prescriptions and they've always been from the same two pharmacies usually. It's always accord or TEVA. I know TEVA was out until just basically this week (Mid-June 2023) and my last refill was Solco. I had not even realized it was a different manufacturer until a week in to my refill. I was getting withdrawal symptoms. I could not make it to the next dose without getting withdrawals. I have no idea why, but I guess it's just our physiology. We all react differently.

I'm so grateful my doctor heard me and called in a new refill that will come from Walgreen's and will be TEVA. I cannot recommend Solco but I guess to each their own. I hated them. It ruined my sleep, gave me migraines, and started to impact me at work because my intensity went through the roof and it was obvious how anxious I was during meetings! Just found this community so I know I'm on an old post but I'm happy to be here and get support!

Hello nothappytobehooked, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Its amazing how powerful these drugs are and how sensitive we are to them, most people would scoff at the fact we can tell the difference between manufacturers but its a fact, we can.

We’re happy you found us, are you interested in tapering from your medication?  If you are, let us know and we can help you figure out a plan.

Pamster