Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

What happened to Parker?

[Sc...]

does she post on here any longer?

No, she left. As I understand it there where a few members that got a bit annoyed and things got a bit heated. Was before I joined so not sure of exact details

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone knows of a way to contact Parker I'd be interested in having a conversation with her. I'm sort of at a cross roads for what I'm going to do going forward and everything is on the table.

• 1 month later...
I believe you can contact her by going to "members" to find her, then when you do you can PM her.  I'd like to know if she responds.  I continue to read her many posts.  She was so inspiring.  She was also before my time but I liked her so much I looked up what happened.  She wrote a success story a few years back and said in the success story that she had reinstated for health reasons.  Apparently the community responded so negatively she deleted her post.  Who needs that kind of crap?  Other buddies occasionally mention having been in touch with her.  Doesn't that just take the cake?  After everything she did for the community.  I would love to think I could one day take a benzo if I needed one.  Unfortunately I had such a paradoxical reaction and such severe interdose withdrawal it will never be an option for me.  People are so thoughtless.  I understand she is living her best life and I sure do wish her well.

• 1 month later...

I believe you can contact her by going to "members" to find her, then when you do you can PM her.  I'd like to know if she responds.  I continue to read her many posts.  She was so inspiring.  She was also before my time but I liked her so much I looked up what happened.  She wrote a success story a few years back and said in the success story that she had reinstated for health reasons.  Apparently the community responded so negatively she deleted her post.  Who needs that kind of crap?  Other buddies occasionally mention having been in touch with her.  Doesn't that just take the cake?  After everything she did for the community.  I would love to think I could one day take a benzo if I needed one.  Unfortunately I had such a paradoxical reaction and such severe interdose withdrawal it will never be an option for me.  People are so thoughtless.  I understand she is living her best life and I sure do wish her well.

That's pretty much the story as I recall. People jumped on her for her decision. BB has never been anti-benzos, some need them for various reasons. I was under the impression she left the group and is no longer a member, after the negative response to her admission, so it isn't possible to contact her. I can't say I blame her. Reinstating was probably a hard decision to make after being off so long. I just wish her the best, her contributions still help many.

I've PMed her a couple of times and never gotten a response.

I just want to know how long she took to taper and how long she waited before she reinstated.

I just want to know how long she took to taper and how long she waited before she reinstated.

You haven't finished your taper yet. Try not to worry about the future too much. Not everyone suffers PAWS

You haven't finished your taper yet. Try not to worry about the future too much. Not everyone suffers PAWS

Definitely. Until you finish your taper and get through acute there's no reason to be thinking about reinstating.

Everything in it's proper time. Worrying about the future never helped anyone and I speak from a lot of experience about that.

I will taper my benzo then my ssri and then beta blocker. And after that I will wait for post withdrawal to settle. And that's going to take a lifetime. It's better to stay with benzos for me. Previously I thought why would anyone reinstate, but now I know "Once in benzos, always in benzos". And waiting for an eternity for a miracle to happen and getting hit with waves even if such a miracle happens, is something that I don't ever want.

And I should stop worrying about the future? What is the future of a person who is suffering and suffering at the age of 31 with all friends turned enemies, relatives think I'm paranoid crazy, intrusive thoughts just beat the hell out of me, nightmares which are so real than reality.

I badly wish my parents who persuaded me sooo much for taking the benzos should be given a taste of their own medicine. I wish they suffer in hell.