Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I went for a job interview - and I got a job!!!!

[Sh...]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [La...]

• [De...]

• [sa...]

Only thing is u guys, I went for a casual position, and they were so excited about my experience it’s looking like a full time into management role.

Bit scary!

I’ll be looking after a leisure hotel where I live but I live in the tourist capital of Australia. So it’s going to be busy but I live 5 mins away from the hotel.

I’ll be looking after the front desk, checkins, making sure there’s enough rooms available on online booking sites, revenue, ect.

I’ve done it before but obviously not since I got sick. The people who own it are wanting to have someone in place so they can step away a bit. I just hope I can handle the pressure over the Xmas holiday period! My home town gets swarmed with tourists and because we can’t travel due to covid we will get smashed with aussies.

It’s all good tho. I’ll just be honest if it gets too much.

The other job I got was for a babysitting company working in their office doing rosters and payments, end of month all that sort of stuff. I think it would have been the quieter choice but oh well.  ::)

My nature is a go getter. Sometimes I forget I’ve still got my training wheels on. I don’t do baby steps. I jump straight in the deep end.

It’s a problem! My psychologist is going to be mad at me  :laugh:

My nature is a go getter. Sometimes I forget I’ve still got my training wheels on. I don’t do baby steps. I jump straight in the deep end.

It’s a problem! My psychologist is going to be mad at me  :laugh:

Haha. Congratulations Shayna. I'm sure you'll do great.

Do we get discount? Could do with a holiday 🤣

From what I have read that you have posted, you will take care of yourself and you will do what you need to for you!  I can tell you will do great things!

Happy for you!

Oh Shayna I haven't been on much lately but I am SO HAPPY for you that you are feeling better and are out living life!!  I know how hard you worked to get to this point - You deserve all the best!!!!

Remember to take it in manageable steps!  Don't let them talk you into more than you want to do.  And most importantly:  GO OUT THERE AND SHOW THEM WHAT YOU GOT!!!!

I'm so proud of all of us!!!!

Congratulations!  What a big step forward.  Just be mindful of the stress and do what you can to mitigate it.  I have no easy solutions but long walks and lavender baths work well for me.

Sending you love,hugs, and healing prayers for you today as you embark on your new job.  You will make it through.....you always do :smitten: :smitten: