DR wants to do CT w contrast

[Be...]

I’ve had contrast once before, and don’t remember having any reactions to it, but I’m scared that in my heightened state that I could have a bad reaction. The scan is for the cardiologist, I want to make sure nothing is going on with my heart/veins, but I’m super nervous about taking contrast.

I know it’s a bit out there, but has anyone else taken contrast during WD? (it will be next week for me, near the 5 week off benzos mark).

I have, and was nervous about it beforehand, panicked even.  But, for me it ended up fine and amounted to wasted worry.  I felt dehydrated for about an hour afterwards but that was it- which I think happens to a lot of ppl.  No benzo issues in my case.

I have, and was nervous about it beforehand, panicked even.  But, for me it ended up fine and amounted to wasted worry.  I felt dehydrated for about an hour afterwards but that was it- which I think happens to a lot of ppl.  No benzo issues in my case.

Well, that’s good to hear. I’m trying to be optimistic, but benzo brain is making it harder than usual.

Oh yeah, benzo brain will extrapolate all the worst outcomes.  I'm sure you'll still be nervous, as I was, just keep repeating someone else with benzo wd did it and was fine!

I have had 3 contrasts in the last few months. I am recovering from double mastectomy in May and also anaphylaxis during surgery. Fortunately no problems what so ever. I have had PET scan, liver CT and now liver MRI.  I now have proof my body can recover from most things.

Good luck

I have had 3 contrasts in the last few months. I am recovering from double mastectomy in May and also anaphylaxis during surgery. Fortunately no problems what so ever. I have had PET scan, liver CT and now liver MRI.  I now have proof my body can recover from most things.

Good luck

Okay, that’s reassuring. Thanks for sharing.