Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

has anyone heard of TRIFLUOPERAZINE HCL is it a benzo

[de...]

my  dr has  given  me  these    img    are  they any  good  for anxiety  please  seeing my  lorenzepam  is no  longer working    or I  have become tolerant to them        do  you still  go through with  drawal  if  you become tolerant    will  I have to wean off one  while  taking  this  new one  HELP  please  .

I googled it and it is not a benzo.  I found the following on drugs.com:

"Trifluoperazine HCl is effective for the short-term treatment of generalized non-psychotic anxiety. However, trifluoperazine HCl is not the first drug to be used in therapy for most patients with non-psychotic anxiety because certain risks associated with its use are not shared by common alternative treatments (i.e., benzodiazepines).

When used in the treatment of non-psychotic anxiety, trifluoperazine HCl should not be administered at doses of more than 6 mg per day or for longer than 12 weeks because the use of trifluoperazine HCl at higher doses or for longer intervals may cause persistent tardive dyskinesia that may prove irreversible (see WARNINGS)."