Important Survey - Please Participate ×

THOUGHT REPLACEMENT

[Be...]

I would like anyone to join me doing this practice.

Simply get a pen and paper and draw two rows name one negative and the other positive.

After write a negative thought in your mind and replace it with a positive one....Do it for like 30 minutes.

Let's after evaluate the results on mood....

• 4 weeks later...
How did this work for you? Just curious as I am doing something similar but not writing it down. I am “trying” to say two positive things for every negative thing I say. Example Johnny is a jerk( Johnny was really helpful when he fixed my bird feeder a year ago and he usually has a kind word to say). I would love know how this practice worked for you.

• 1 month later...

' Pollyanna' was a much loved children's book years before Disney made into a wonderful movie . The main character is Pollyanna, a spunky little girl who is the loved daughter of a church mouse poor missionary preacher . Throughout the year the family eagerly awaits the arrival of barrels of donated cast off goods . Like any little girl Pollyanna wants a doll and prays that one will be donated , Sadly what arrives in the next barrel is a pair of child size crutches . Devastated Pollyanna asks why her simple prayer was not answered, and why someone would send her uneeded crutches instead of a doll .  Her father instead of giving her platitudes introduces her to the ' Glad Game ' . She can be sad that she does not have the doll , but she can be glad that she can walk and run well and does not need the crutches . In other words something ' Glad ' can always be found in any situation no matter how pitiful .

The ' Glad Game ' has stayed with me all my life and  playing it has helped me survive and endure many trials and tribulations  . Benzo recovery would never have been a part of Pollyannas' life, but if it had been she would have found something to be glad about .