Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

anyone start Remeron AFTER benzo withdrawl?

[De...]

I've been reading about remeron lately as I've noticed other buddies posting about it. I did a search but no one  seemed to have started after, or they withdrew while still in benzo withdrawl. I'm 5 months out and am only dealing with anxiety and minor stuff, but the anxiety is what really gets me. So has anyone tried remeron after withdrawl? Or before they ever tried a benzo? Or anyone try to withdrawl from it but in a different time frame than the benzo. Trying to look for experiences that arent altered by a benzo. I'm thinking that at a year off if the anxiety doesn't improve then trying an AD but I want to stay away from SSRI or SNRI. I think reuptake imhibitor are more dangerous than inverse agonist/antagonist. Thanks for any inputs

• 2 weeks later...
I went on 15mg Remeron at the end of my taper. I was having horrible panic attacks, and it helped alot. I tried to come off of it prematurely ( at 6 weeks post benzo), and my benzo withdrawal anxiety-- exactly same as previous to taking remeron during benzo withdrawal-- flared up, so I went back on it and now am at 45 mg. It has helped my benzo anxiety and burning in nerves big time, but I still have depression, obsessive thoughts when I'm in a wave. I am hoping to taper off of it at some point because i am eating like a cow.

Thanks for the post Ask, yea I heard a lot about the eating side effects but I wouldn't mind really..I've lost 25 lbs in 5 months so need to gain weight. Plus if you work out, you need the extra calories lol. But actually my anxiety has significantly improved so perhaps ill stay away from it. It's still there but not nearly as bad, just some chest pain and shortness of breath when i think about breathing.