Zolpidem/ambien to valium

[Kt...]

Thank you again. So I guess for my 4.8mg zolpidem I would cross over to 2.5mg valium - it’s half the number, is that right? And is that considered a low dose so I would take less time to cross over?

Thank you again for all your help. By the way, I’m totally not rejecting the advice you kindly gave me about directly tapering the zolpidem, I just want to work out what all my options are. If I try dropping the zolpidem dose and an even greater hell breaks loose, I might not be in a fit state to work out my back up plan, so just want to work it out now.

Thanks again

Katie

I would consider your dose of Zolpidem low so yes, you should be able to accomplish the crossover in a shorter time frame, but as always, listen to your body.  You might want to give yourself a week after you cross over before you begin your taper just to make sure the Valium is fully on board.

I support your preparation and thoroughness, proper planning will lead to success.  :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
Ktkat did you make the switch? I am considering something similar and wonder how you are doing? So sorry you are in this state. It’s very painful to be sure.