Is K stronger muscle relaxant than V?

[St...]

Hi all BB ‘s on this thread!

One more question re: K vs. V:

I’m getting hit with tons of joint and muscle pain after crossing over only 2 of 4 doses of K to V.

I was on K for many years and have been quite physically active until quite recently.

I’m finding the joint and muscle pain is getting relentless during the middle of my crossover. Is it possible that K is a stronger muscle relaxant than K even with the equivalent 20:1 ratio of V to K?

My heating pad, some gentle exercise and baths are all I can find for some relief but the pain seems to go from muscle to bone pain throughout my body. Other thoughts, ideas for relief? Does a tens unit help? And now I’m expecting a LOT more problems going forward in withdrawal. Ugg!

Others experience or comments? Take care of you and wishing you all improvements and windows!

Thanks much, Storm

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing so much muscle pain during your crossover!

A crossover from K to V is notoriously difficult; I remember reading something about K binding to GABA receptors more aggressively than V. K also just affects the brain somehow differently; I wish I could tell you more, but I only heard that recently and I forget the source.

There may be a variety of differences between K and V, symptomatically for you, especially during this crossover; I don't think there's any way to adjust for these mid-crossover, but I would hope that your slow transition will give your body a chance to adjust. What you're likely experiencing is your nerves adjusting to the differences, both in current active potency and the way the two drugs work in your body. I believe that healing will happen, if you can hang in there.

From your signature I see that your journey with benzo use and recovery has been rocky. I don't agree with your expectation of a LOT more problems going forward; hopefully this will be a bumpy transition to a different and more manageable taper.

I'm celebrating your perseverance and the coping strategies that you've mentioned for the muscle pain. I suggest topical cannabinoids, especially THC, as this helps many people with muscle pain, and applied topically they don't produce any psychoactive effects. THC is analgesic.

I know you're doing the best you can, and I'm really praying for you to get through this crossover and that your gamble and suffering pay off! You deserve health!  :thumbsup: