Tapering using a compound pharmacy

[An...]

Thanks Pamster. Do people typically report similar symptoms of withdrawal when completely finished or new different symptoms? I’ll read the links you sent.

It's mostly more of the same but of course, new ones can appear.  It gets tough to trust the good times because it can change so quickly, just when you think you're finally turning the corner a new symptom will crop up or an old one will resurface.

Hello. My plan is to taper 10% off K about every two weeks or more as needed.

9 days ago I lowered my dose of K 10% from.125 am & .125 pm to .1125 am & pm. About day 4 I started feeling withdrawal symptoms. Agitation, shakes, chest tightness, sleep disturbances. Yesterday I had some moments without or less symptoms. I’m not sure if I should expect no symptoms, if lowering the percentage next time, or just more manageable symptoms. This past cut wasn’t as intense as the previous 33% cut (before I knew better) but still very uncomfortable for a few days.

I’m considering holding an extra week to see how I feel and deciding my next cut. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

No symptoms is too much to expect but tolerable symptoms are what most will consider to be stable enough to reduce again.  It sounds like you had some pretty intense symptoms but I'm glad to hear they're lessening a bit.  Maybe you could just decrease one of your doses next time, see if that helps but I like the idea of holding too, it's important to listen to what your body is telling you.

Pamster thanks for the quick response. So if I just lowered the am dose my whole reduction for the day would be 5%. Do you think I can also do 5% off the total and it work as well?

I'd say whatever plan that keeps you functioning and sane while going through this the right way to go.  This process is all about being flexible and paying attention to what your body is telling you, are you keeping a journal to help you make these decisions?

Yes. I started a journal with the last drop. I think it will be helpful . Also, I’ve spoken to my pharmacist and plan on my next drop to just lower one dose of the day for a couple weeks making it a 5% drop total for the day and continuing on in that manner. Hopefully it will help with the symptoms.

I'm so impressed with you, I wish everyone would listen like you are, too many think that getting off the drug quickly is the way to go but that just insures more pain on the way down and doesn't equate to a quick recovery once off the drug. 

Hello. If at some point I decide to switch over to liquid titration to taper is it possible to do so without too much disruption as it’ll be absorbed differently in my body? Also,I understand I can also get a scale and reduce by opening my capsules?

I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the options but i’d Like to look in to each way to be prepared if I do so. Are there direct links to show me how with both methods?

I’m having a rough day feeling afraid of doin this. Thank you.

[33...]
Personally, I think it's best to stick with one method.  The switch from solid to liquid can be a little rough, and if you're already suffering from a dry taper, the combination might be less than desirable.