middle of the night wake ups...

[bo...]

[e7...]

I tried the cherry tart juice and I didn’t sleep well at all. Did it over two different nights and both nights was bad. So in the trash the juice goes. Pity it didn’t work for me...

I'm using GTF Chromium 200 mcg twice per day, with dinner and with breakfast. What I didn't try myself but got recommended was Phosphatidyl-Serine (without MCT oil, and made from sunflower oil, not soy) 300 mg before sleep. These two won't make you fall asleep faster, but are supposed to reduce cortisol, and may therefore prevent middle of the night awakenings.

This happens to me. I use an app called "simply noise" and listen to brown noise - it helps turn off my head and eases me back to sleep. Try it!

Hi Bonty,

This is exactly what I am experiencing in my current wave. Fitness tracker records 3 to 3 hrs 15 mins before I wake up. At the start of this wave it was 2 nights of zero sleep followed by a week of 3hrs. Last night I managed to get back to sleep and got another 3hrs. Happened in my last wave too. Its always 3. Never 2 or 4. Strange. Before starting my taper I slept so well.

Wishing you better zzzs

Roxy

Still waking up middle of night.  Last night woke 9:30 pm, then 12 midnight, awake till after 3 am, then fell asleep then awake again at 6 am.  And that was a good night.

Still waking up middle of night.  Last night woke 9:30 pm, then 12 midnight, awake till after 3 am, then fell asleep then awake again at 6 am.  And that was a good night.

I'm also waking up a lot again but I'm currently  having  lots of emotional stress , hope it subsides soon for us

i was not able to sleep more then 2 to 3 hours everyday and waking up exactly at 3 everyday .... i took chamomile straight 2 days and it kept me up whole night for both days. i dont know why it did not work for me at all .  anyone know the reason

[e7...]

i was not able to sleep more then 2 to 3 hours everyday and waking up exactly at 3 everyday .... i took chamomile straight 2 days and it kept me up whole night for both days. i dont know why it did not work for me at all .  anyone know the reason

chamomile works on the same receptors as benzos

chamomile works on the same receptors as benzos

This. Chamomile works for some people, but for others it causes a lot of problems. Either way, it can be risky.

Same for me , been off all meds for 6 months and sleep is awful never more than 4 hrs and wake constantly . Can’t ever fall asleep durning day even if I had the opportunity . It’s like torture I feel tired just can’t fall asleep or stay asleep .

Hope it eventually goes away .

Best tech

I tried the cherry tart juice and I didn’t sleep well at all. Did it over two different nights and both nights was bad. So in the trash the juice goes. Pity it didn’t work for me...

I'm using GTF Chromium 200 mcg twice per day, with dinner and with breakfast. What I didn't try myself but got recommended was Phosphatidyl-Serine (without MCT oil, and made from sunflower oil, not soy) 300 mg before sleep. These two won't make you fall asleep faster, but are supposed to reduce cortisol, and may therefore prevent middle of the night awakenings.

I added the Phosphatidyl-Serine (it came in the mail finally, was supposed to arrive almost a week ago) to the GTF Chromium, and unfortunately it didn't work. I did not have the insominia that HopeFor Recovery experienced, but I ended up waking up earlier and was restless. I'd love to know who on this forum this combination actually worked for.

Honestly, the best thing that works for me (and others on here, though some frown upon it) is Gabapentin 300 right before going to bed. Two said it was very easy to stop once they finished their benzo taper.

[e7...]

I added the Phosphatidyl-Serine (it came in the mail finally, was supposed to arrive almost a week ago) to the GTF Chromium, and unfortunately it didn't work. I did not have the insominia that HopeFor Recovery experienced, but I ended up waking up earlier and was restless. I'd love to know who on this forum this combination actually worked for.

Honestly, the best thing that works for me (and others on here, though some frown upon it) is Gabapentin 300 right before going to bed. Two said it was very easy to stop once they finished their benzo taper.

Ramcom swars by Serine. Some others I've seen reported quickly developing a tolerance to it (in a few days).

Of course, but it's a drug, not a supplement. It reduces glutamate release, nothing's going to work as well as that.

Ramcom swars by Serine. Some others I've seen reported quickly developing a tolerance to it (in a few days).

Of course, but it's a drug, not a supplement. It reduces glutamate release, nothing's going to work as well as that.

I wished it worked, I didn't develop a tolerance, it just didn't work, and yes Gabapentin reduces glutumate (which is why it likely works). It was worth a try, HopeForRecovery still takes the Serine, but in the morning, so apparently there are other positive effects for the brain. From what I've found, it works in tandem with omega-3 fatty acids. I'll use it up then switch to Sunflower Lecithen once it's finished. That will contain the Serine, but in significantly reduced amounts.

ETA:. I searched the member search for Ramcom and came up with zero results. Was hoping to read posts by Ramcom about Serine.