Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Shayna glad your brain is working again  :). Hope it lasts !

Haha thanks 2 cats. I’m blonde so that part won’t change but benzo part? Fingers crossed x

How are u feeling lovely? Xx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Joy Luck. The end is so beautiful, it had me weeping and my heart feels full. ❤️

Wow you read fast! Are you going to watch the movie?

Yep!

Shay you are hilarious! Adulting  :laugh:

It's tempting to watch it before finishing the book. Kit when are you going to watch it? Sometimes books are better than the movies. And sometimes it's the opposite. We will see.

It kinda like now that I’m an adult, it’s completely fine to stick a spoon into a jar of Nutella and eat it before I even have breakfast.  :laugh:

I can’t imagine translating this book to film. I think chunks will be left out. Like eat pray love. One of my very favorite books, but the movie really ground my gears (pissed me off)  :laugh:

Hello Club!

I hope everyone is recovering from our shared miseries!  I’m still in it so haven’t been on here in awhile.

I finished the book and totally loved the read.  So much that now I want to read all of Amy Tan’s books.  I think she is brilliant!  I’ve just started another one of her books called Amazement.  I know, I know we are supposed to start The Searcher next but I want to wait until everyone is ready.  So in the downtime....

I also heard good reviews about a book called Sophomores by Sean Desmond if anyone is interested in adding to their reading list.

I’m sorry I can’t join in on your conversations yet, you all sound like a great bunch.  I’ve enjoyed following this thread though and am secretly getting in my giggles.  Maybe this wave will break soon.

GP, I’m so glad you loved the book. It was so good! I plan to read more of Amy Tan’s books too. I hope your wave breaks soon and you get some relief. ❤️

Lady, I’m buying the DVD of the movie so it will probably be here next week. 😁

Hi Guinea pig......my fellow Ativan taper Buddy

Glad you’ve been reading with us and hope you feel better soon. ;D

I’m still plugging along.  Today a major headache to add to the rest.  This, too, shall pass. :P

The more I read of this book, the more I like it.  It took me a while to get in the rhythm of it.

Shayna, please tell us about your warm weather so those of us in the Northern Hemisphere can dream about summer!! 🌺🌻🌸☀️

Oh ladies I’m so sorry! I may have to skip Joy Luck and pick up onto the searcher. I indeed have Covid and am feeling so sick. I mean this is bad stuff. I have been so careful and avoided it for so long! Uff da! I can hardly move I ache so bad, I have a fever and chills to the bone, and a headache that’s like no other headache I’ve experienced before! I need to just rest. I’m even doing a hold in my medication just in case not to add anymore stress to my body! I’ll get back to it later when I’m done with this crap and feeling better! Hugs to you all!  :smitten:

Hi girls xx gp I’m so glad u are still joining in even if ur not up to commenting it’s ok x I am still roughing it but we are all in it and doing our best xx

Guys the weather is pretty amazing I have to say x wish I could post some photos x my son and I went for a late arvo (afternoon) swim yesterday it was lovely. 86 degrees in ur temp x

We just celebrated our national day on Wednesday and it felt like the whole of Queensland was at our local beach. So busy! The water is like a luke warm bath atm so u can just stay in there forever.

I am so tanned it’s crazy. Sorry is this rubbing it in too much?  :)

I am really sick of looking at bums tho. As far as the eye can see... bums. Every girl from ages 15-30 (and sometimes older) are wearing thong bikinis. I even saw a big muscly man wearing one the other day ... it was just wrong. So so wrong!

Except this chick... nope 👎🏻 not me. My bum is not for public viewing  :laugh:

Oh ladies I’m so sorry! I may have to skip Joy Luck and pick up onto the searcher. I indeed have Covid and am feeling so sick. I mean this is bad stuff. I have been so careful and avoided it for so long! Uff da! I can hardly move I ache so bad, I have a fever and chills to the bone, and a headache that’s like no other headache I’ve experienced before! I need to just rest. I’m even doing a hold in my medication just in case not to add anymore stress to my body! I’ll get back to it later when I’m done with this crap and feeling better! Hugs to you all!  :smitten:

Ww I’m so sorry! This is terrible news x thinking of u lovely I hope it passes quickly xxx

WW. So sorry you are sick with Covid.  Hope you get better soon.  :smitten:

Shayna , you are not rubbing it in.  It sounds wonderful! I actually don’t mind the cold.  It’s the dreariness.  We are actually going to have a couple of days of sun. 25 degrees but SUN! Whoo hoo!

Shayna , you are not rubbing it in.  It sounds wonderful! I actually don’t mind the cold.  It’s the dreariness.  We are actually going to have a couple of days of sun. 25 degrees but SUN! Whoo hoo!

Is that Fahrenheit? Omg that’s -3 degrees Celsius! Omg!

The lowest we get here might be 10 degrees Celsius and that’s horrible

It’s not unusual for us to have days that hover around 0 F and rarely it will get below 0 F .  We don’t get tons of snow.  If it does snow a lot it warms up and doesn’t last too long.  ❄️

Thank you ladies! Oh my it’s rough! I wouldn’t wish this on anyone! The beach sounds divine! It was like 15 degrees here in Iowa today! So cold! Shayna, do you ever see sharks or crocodiles? I’m so fascinated with Australia! I love sharks and shark week is one of my favorites! Australia is on my list to visit one day, but rest assured I’ll not be packing a thong! Lol >: ;D Thanks as always for your wonderful support! It means the world to me!  :smitten:

It’s not unusual for us to have days that hover around 0 F and rarely it will get below 0 F .  We don’t get tons of snow.  If it does snow a lot it warms up and doesn’t last too long.  ❄️

I’ve never seen snow! It would be beautiful but I think I’d last a day inside by the fire! I’m such a sook in cold weather!

Thank you ladies! Oh my it’s rough! I wouldn’t wish this on anyone! The beach sounds divine! It was like 15 degrees here in Iowa today! So cold! Shayna, do you ever see sharks or crocodiles? I’m so fascinated with Australia! I love sharks and shark week is one of my favorites! Australia is on my list to visit one day, but rest assured I’ll not be packing a thong! Lol >: ;D Thanks as always for your wonderful support! It means the world to me!  :smitten:

A shark swam under me while I was surfing years ago 😬 it wasn’t very big, it was chasing bait fish, but still I turned around and paddled as fast as I could for the beach.

A man was killed a few months ago not far from here by a great white. He was surfing at dusk and apparently there was a lot of baitfish around. Very sad. We get quite a few attacks about an hr Sth of here for some reason. Usually surfers x

I was married at port Douglas which is in nth Queensland. We went for a day trip to the daintree. Usually there are crocs laying all along the shore of the river but not the day we went.

Crocs are all up north in rivers and ocean. It’s not unusual to see them sitting on the beaches up there. I’ve seen heaps of crocs but in wildlife parks behind cages! I’ve been to Steve Irwin’s zoo and seen him feed crocs (when he was alive) and bindy and terry too.

Australia sounds like it’s full of deadly things but it’s not really.  :laugh:

Oh Shayna! Thank you for that! It was like story time on some of my favorite subjects that fascinate me! I loved watching Steve Irwin’s show and was so sad when he passed away! I love watching his family! They are a beautiful family! Loved Bindi on dancing with the stars! We don’t have any fun wildlife in Iowa! Lol unless you consider the squirrels who steal all the feed of my bird feeders interesting! Lol I even name them! Snow we have! It’s beautiful and I do love a good snow day!

Oh Shayna! Thank you for that! It was like story time on some of my favorite subjects that fascinate me! I loved watching Steve Irwin’s show and was so sad when he passed away! I love watching his family! They are a beautiful family! Loved Bindi on dancing with the stars! We don’t have any fun wildlife in Iowa! Lol unless you consider the squirrels who steal all the feed of my bird feeders interesting! Lol I even name them! Snow we have! It’s beautiful and I do love a good snow day!

Hmmm Steve Irwin I’m afraid to say was being incredibly wreck less when he died. He was holding onto a mantawrays wings belly to belly. It whipped him with its barb hundreds of times... they only do that when they feel threatened. I don’t know why he thought he was safe to do that. Because he was Steve Irwin? I think it was unfortunately an accident waiting to happen. Then he was holding his baby inside a crocs cage?!? He did some good things for conservation but he paid they ultimate price for his behavior. U just can’t act like that around animals. 99 times out of 100 u will get away with it... but there’s always that one time.

Very sad for his kids tho.

Squirrels!!! How adorable 🥰 I’d love to see squirrels x

I’ve never seen snow! It would be beautiful but I think I’d last a day inside by the fire! I’m such a sook in cold weather!

They have snow in some part Oz. We went on day trip to Canberra was really cold about 7c you could see the snow fields in the distance. Obviously not where you are. I hate snow makes everything look bleak, damages all the plants in the garden, and everything grinds to a halt total chaos, and so cold don't want to go out. You're much better off in the sun!!

WW I'm so sorry you have covid. Wishing you speedy recovery and hope all goes well. Drink plenty of fluids especially vitamin c drinks such as apple juice, orange juice. Melons such as cantaloupes etc. this helped my kids very much especially when they had no appetite. There's a juice called Naked green machine that's awesome. Get well soon dear!

Guinea it's ok. I'm glad to hear from you again. Maybe your waves will let up soon. If you don't feel like reading then watch the movie!  :thumbsup: I'm going to be watching it today because I finished the book last night.  :thumbsup:

What's our next book, Shay?

Stay safe everyone!

WW I'm so sorry you have covid. Wishing you speedy recovery and hope all goes well. Drink plenty of fluids especially vitamin c drinks such as apple juice, orange juice. Melons such as cantaloupes etc. this helped my kids very much especially when they had no appetite. There's a juice called Naked green machine that's awesome. Get well soon dear!

Guinea it's ok. I'm glad to hear from you again. Maybe your waves will let up soon. If you don't feel like reading then watch the movie!  :thumbsup: I'm going to be watching it today because I finished the book last night.  :thumbsup:

Stay safe everyone!

Thank you so much! I feel a little better today than yesterday so that’s a good sign. I will add that juice to my online grocery order! Thank you for the tips and I definitely drink lots of fluids but don’t have a huge appetite at all. So I’ll try some cantaloupe and that green drink. Thank you for all the thoughts. I really appreciate them greatly!  :smitten:

Stay safe everyone!

Thank you so much! I feel a little better today than yesterday so that’s a good sign. I will add that juice to my online grocery order! Thank you for the tips and I definitely drink lots of fluids but don’t have a huge appetite at all. So I’ll try some cantaloupe and that green drink. Thank you for all the thoughts. I really appreciate them greatly!  :smitten:

So glad to hear that WW sending u a big hug from across the pond x