Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone???

[Te...]

Has anybody ever gotten manic and lost their mind ....fear rushing through body and the urge to just stay up for days with no sleep?

Are you saying you actually want to stay awake?

I think most manic people tend to do things like stay awake all night painting every room in the house because they suddenly wanted.

Stuff like that.

Are you saying you want to stay awake?

Or is it fear and anxiety keeping you awake?

If it's the 2nd, then that more anxiety driven. Or even just down regulated Gabba, that quite frankly has you so wired that you are just wide awake.

When I was at my worst in early withdrawal I was too tired to be considered manic, but I was actually afraid to asleep because it seemed that I would fall into a dark bottomless hole and perhaps never return. Sleep was not really possible at that time so I really had nothing to worry about.

During early acute withdrawals I was manic and would stay up for 4-5 days just reveling in my extreme emotions.  During the mania phase the extreme emotional states were like crack and felt freakin amazing.  I didn’t feel any desire to sleep when even negative emotions were like a drug high. 

After awhile the drug like intense high associated with my emotional states reverted back to the standard benzo raw and painful emotions for the rest of my taper.

I concur with Aloha and others.

Your brain/body will get all the sleep they can possibly get under the circumstances and "micro sleep" will sustain you until that happens.

It took a long time, but I finally accepted that I wasn't going to get much, if any, sleep most nights until it evened out on its own.  That was the first 10 months after I jumped CT.

But during those nights of no perceived sleep, it's very easy to get caught up in a cycle of depression and sleep anxiety.

It will even out given enough time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]