Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I know you all are tired of me

[Te...]

You will remain awake until just before your body's limit is reached and then you will sleep. You will feel like crap and then start to feel better. This pattern will repeat until enough healing has taken place and this will only happen after you are off benzos and z-drugs. In the meantime, you will learn coping strategies and discover that you can handle more adversity than you ever thought.

[ae...]

What will happen if you dont sleep for days???? What is really going to happen? Meds arent working due to being so wired up!

As long as I don't fall into a deep depression because of lack of sleep, I'd consider myself OK.

We are not tired of you. We are still awake, aren't we?

It's like major fear is on me very heavy making it so much worse I know ...but I cant help but think I will go crazy or loss myself if I dont sleep or something

Teness, wanted to just tell you I love you, and I am not tired of you. I believe that by your strength, courage and beauty you will get through this. You are so powerful.

Nothing will happen if you don't sleep for days.  There are many "experts" on this forum that have gone weeks without any perceived sleep and they are still here.

Does not sleeping make you feel terrible?  YES

Will not sleeping for 2, 3, 4 or more days in a row make you sick or kill you?  NO, NO, NO!

I never thought it was possible prior to Benzo WD to go for even 1 night without sleep and no I realize that is based on misinformation and inaccurate expectations.

Sure, we'd all love to get 7 or 8 hours each night, but you'll survive on what you get until your sleep slowly evens out.

Your brain/body will get all the sleep they need at this time.  Eventually you'll crash due to exhaustion and get a decent sleep.

I was on a pattern of some sleep one night and then zero or no perceived sleep the next night for months....

Hang in there, you are stronger than you think and our bodies are amazing at what they can deal with!

I agree with what everyone said!

It seems impossible to go through it....but somehow we do!

When your sleep returns you look back and think, wow can't believe how much torture I endured....really does make you realize just how much you can survive...more than what human should.

I was also very scared I would go crazy without sleep for days. It's normal to think that. And normal for WD to make that fear even more intense.

But here is a bunch of us who did it....and we are not crazy :smitten:0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]