Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Fear of sleep

[Me...]

How do I stop fearing sleep? I have panic attacks all night due to this awful anxiety, especially when my body is revved up and won’t let me sleep. I find myself dreading sleep and making sleep impossible as I just lay there shaking all night, scared I’ll wake up with another panic attack. Is this part of withdrawal? I feel like I’m losing the battle. I’m so depressed and hopeless inside. I feel like I’ve scared myself into not sleeping. Will this get better as the anxiety gets better?

Fear of fear....so frustrating and exhausting. I am sorry.

I want you to think back when you first ct'd years ago....it was rough but you got through. What helped you then?

I want to remind you that it will eventually go...sleep does return. chemicals do eventually level out again.

I remember waking often in the night with this(panic) in tolerance - a nightmare for sure.

I remember one day realizing I needed to not give a crap if I woke with a panic attack....realize I will go back to sleep or I won't. I would somehow function the next day even if I felt like absolute crap. I started a bedtime routine..no electronics, low light, yoga stretches, lavender oil on my pillow. repeated calming mantras to myself or a spiritual reading. Laid down. If I woke I got into the automatic habit of doing the 4-7-8 breathing to calm me down..again a mantra" you are safe..you are healing".

How long has it been since you had a reaction to the supplements..your sig doesn't say. It may be helpful if you are willing to put it in your signature:)

Trina, I’m so comforted and happy that you made it through this. I think I’ve conditioned myself to panic even if my brain would actually let me sleep. I get tense as soon as I lay down and have mini panic attacks when I realize myself that I’m going to sleep. It’s maddening and frustrating and I can’t seem to stop. I’m scared that I permanently caused this fear... I can’t seem to not care. Did you go through this, too?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]