Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is CBD oil safe? Benedryl?

[Me...]

Is CBD oil safe to take in withdrawal? I read that it acts on GABA receptors. Scares to take it because of that. I’m desperate for sleep, though, and need something to dampen the anxiety.

What about Benedryl?

[85...]

A fair number of people use Benadryl occasionally to help with sleep.  It seems to be safe.

CBD is very dose and individual dependent.  If you're thinking of using it to sleep or mellow out, it may take a fairly large dose.  I found it somewhat stimulating at 'low' (40 mg) doses, although it seemed to even out my mood a bit.

CBD oil does NOT act on Gaba,

It acts on a completely distinct part of your nervous system called the endocannabinoid system (ECS).  It is a biological system composed of endocannabinoids, which are endogenous lipid-based retrograde neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors (CBRs), and cannabinoid receptor proteins that are expressed throughout the vertebrate central nervous system (including the brain) and peripheral nervous system.  Wikipedia

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]