Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone please?

[d0...]

[d0...]
Anyone had or have long term and short term memory loss and zero cognitive and motor functions because of really severe insomnia? And the feeling of brain not being fully awake through the day, there is no difference between being awake and light sleep I get for a few minutes. My brain is actually sleeping while I’m awake. Am I gonna die because my brain is switching off? Anybody had those feelings?

I am sorry you are suffering, but you keep asking the same questions over and over...even when people give you answers, you repeat your questions.

NO, you are not going to die from lack of sleep.  Many many people on this forum and around the world went through long periods with very little or no sleep and they survived...I was one of them.

The fact that you are still here proves you won't die.

Your brain sleeps while you are awake...true, that's called a "micro sleep."  See this link:  https://www.sleep.org/what-is-microsleep/

[d0...]

I am sorry you are suffering, but you keep asking the same questions over and over...even when people give you answers, you repeat your questions.

NO, you are not going to die from lack of sleep.  Many many people on this forum and around the world went through long periods with very little or no sleep and they survived...I was one of them.

Your brain sleeps while you are awake...true, that's called a "micro sleep."  See this link:  https://www.sleep.org/what-is-microsleep/

I don’t think you understand what I want to tell, that’s why I’m asking same things over and over again, maybe somebody will understand and is in similar situation like I am. I don’t get micro sleeps I had them 1 year ago in my wd and I know how they feel. It’s a physical feeling of brain not being fully awake, not working, I can’t wake up completely, like something in my brain is broken and it took my consciousness, awareness  away.

[d0...]

Did you had long term memory loss?

[d0...]

It’s like the top of my brain is not working to make me fully aware and conscious

I don’t think you understand what I want to tell, that’s why I’m asking same things over and over again, maybe somebody will understand and is in similar situation like I am. I don’t get micro sleeps I had them 1 year ago in my wd and I know how they feel. It’s a physical feeling of brain not being fully awake, not working, I can’t wake up completely, like something in my brain is broken and it took my consciousness, awareness  away.

That's called "brain fog" and is a pretty common WD symptom.  Similar to that is DP/DR (Depersonalization and Derealization) where you feel like you are in a dream all the time that you can't wake up from.

The Way is right about micro sleeps

You won't know you are getting them.

I said before that the only way to tell is to wear Polysomnography attached to your head and body for 24 hours or more.

I know because I had it done. It detected brain waves that were sleeping.

And part of your brain fog is most likely a combo of benzo WD and antipsychotics, and lack of sleep. They are all VERY powerful

I am truly sorry for your suffering :'(

Anyone had or have long term and short term memory loss and zero cognitive and motor functions because of really severe insomnia? And the feeling of brain not being fully awake through the day, there is no difference between being awake and light sleep I get for a few minutes. My brain is actually sleeping while I’m awake. Am I gonna die because my brain is switching off? Anybody had those feelings?

I notice you have no signature.

Your dosing history and tapering history would help us as in, cold turkey higher risk of insomnia.

When you are not able to function, can you lay down, preferably as late in the day as possible, not so good going to lay down at midday, , however you may need to do this initially to get some sleep in.

I go to sleep and wake early, I stay in bed and try to doze.

Oddly although my sleep is interrupted I am not tired during the day, but I do lead a sedentary lifestyle.

I wonder if you would consider getting an Apple watch, this member finds it useful.

Apple Watch mysteriously tracks sleep, which can be reassuring when you are sleeping in fits and starts - it totals the time and depth of sleep and seems to distinguish between meditation, self-hypnosis trance, and actual sleep. So when I think I was awake off and on all night I check and often find that, according to the sleep record it has sent to my phone, I’ve accumulated 6 hours of sleep, 4 in deep sleep, 2 in restful sleep, etc. I find this helps with my lack of sleep paranoia, except when I think I’ve slept and my watch says it was only 3 hours - eep! Anyone else using this or a similar sleep tracker?

There is a fitness tracker called a Whoop. It has a feature where it can detect REM and deep (SWS) sleep. Maybe if you wore it it can give a better idea how much sleep you are actually getting. You can set it to nap and just lie in bed for however long.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]