Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Insomia worse at 25 months

[To...]

I’m loseing hope,the Insomia is getting worse at 25 months in my setback,I will just lay there and cannot fall asleep at all,is this normal? Like it will feel like I’m about to fall asleep but I don’t...

Does anyone else get that? It is so bad and I’m shaking and it’s makeing me much worse...

It’s like my brain will not shut off

Hi tommy I am the same cannot sleep at all. Very worrying. Only getting a few hrs a night but I’m still on small dose x

I just went through a 3-4 month spell of extreme insomnia - waking up at 4am nightly. This happened around month 26. It has gotten better.

I’m loseing hope,the Insomia is getting worse at 25 months in my setback,I will just lay there and cannot fall asleep at all,is this normal? Like it will feel like I’m about to fall asleep but I don’t...

Does anyone else get that? It is so bad and I’m shaking and it’s makeing me much worse...

It’s like my brain will not shut off

Tommy,

What you describe was so very common for me during withdrawal. I had such a sleep (or lack of one) last night after over 5 years off. You can feel yourself sinking down...down...down toward sleep, then you hit a hard bottom and bob back up to the surface wide awake.  Any sleep that does set in is fairly short and full of dreams. Although I still have these bad nights, or strings of them fairly often, I can tell you that it does get overall better over time. I feel pretty good most days.

General info: Bad dreams and extreme wakefulness seem to be common symptoms for WD. Low Zn and B6 can interfere with dream recall, etc.  For insomnia: Orexin is a neurotransmitter that governs wakefulness and arousal. It has also been found to play a role in addiction.  People with narcolepsy have too little of it, so they fall asleep multiple times per day or with any kind of stress. Insomnia has been found to be too much. New generation sleep aids target this. Orexin increases with prolonged stress.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4419247/     

You can manipulate orexin with diet. At the bottom of this page is how to decrease it.

https://www.narcolepsysupport.org/forums/topic/how-to-increase-orexin/

Good luck to all. Been there, done that.

HH

I'm over 4 years off now, and while I usually sleep pretty well, I still get nights (like last night) or strings of nights where It takes some time to fall asleep and then I wake up about 10 times and have lots of dreams and never really get more than an hour of continuous sleep.  Other nights, my sleep is pretty normal.

The biggest difference now is that I completely accept those one off nights or a string of poor sleep nights without freaking out, punching the pillow or tossing and turning.

I also have had glorious stretches of 3, 4, and even 5 or 6 months of pretty "normal" (pre-Benzo sleep).

Hang in there, your sleep will even out over time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]