Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can get some broken sleep at night but couldn't nap in morning/afternoon

[ma...]

I’ve had this for 28 months and I’ve tried everything. I take supplements that supposedly work on cortisol regulation, I’m strict with my diet, I exercise, and I do all the sleep hygiene stuff. Despite all of this, I still have issues, but overall I think these things work.

By the way, some say not to do hard exercise as it can exacerbate cortisol issues. I took this advice and things got worse. My mood and sleep deteriorated even further. Contrary to advice, I recently started my hard workouts and I have seen a pretty dramatic shift in mood. I even got a couple 7+ hour nights. I still deal with fatigue and tinnitus. Last night was not good. I only got 5.2 hours and I feel very exhausted. So it’s not a magic bullet. But I will not stop exercising again. I only felt worse that way.

You quit 2 months ago.  Congrats on getting off.  Now strap in for a roller coaster ride of possible symptoms and poor sleep.  It takes some time to even out but it will even out.  However, it's very UP and down for some time for most.  1 step forward 2 steps back healing and recovery process.  Sleep comes back in fits and starts, sort of like the stock market.  But it does come back. I was right where you are now 3 years ago and now I sleep well pretty much every night and my other symptoms have been gone for years.  You'll get there too.  :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]