Tapering Xanax XR (24/March/2011)

[ra...]

What we see from most people is a reduction of each dose, alternating back and forth.  Some will cut the morning dose, then the evening, then the midday, most leave the nighttime dose heavy to aid with sleep.  If you'd like to completely eliminate certain doses, then this is fine too, this is your taper, personally designed by you according to your needs and lifestyle. 

Thanks.

I am now based in Asia and I will be travelling to the San Francisco for holidays end of April for 2 weeks. 

Say now I start cutting my dose in Asia for the morning cycle and maintaining the evening cycle for sleep dosage (5 mg Valium Asia night time).

When I travel to USA end of April, I like to cut the morning dose (in USA) so that I can enjoy my holidays but keep my (5mg Valium in USA night time).

This is basically the time zone difference, is that possible? Anyone has done that?

Today is my 15th day cross over to Valium.  I did the first 7 day (Xanax/Valium) and then follow by the next 7 day (Valium/Valium). Do I still need to wait before I start tapering?  So far no problems and function normally.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help!

I manage to reduce to 9 gram with 5% reduction Valium smoothly after 10 days+ and yesterday I took a flight to San Francisco. I still follow asia time dosage. Due to time different and slight cold next day i still follow the asian time.  I fall sick and vomitted 7 times with bad headache. I call doc n doc suggested me to skip one day dose as I was overdose and follow US time schedule which is one lunch and one night. Is that ok?

He said jet lag plays a role.

Have anyone skip one day?

Help

It seems to me as if you should be able to count the hours between doses, not watch the clock.  I'm sure there could be many reasons why you feel like you do, jet lag being one of them.  I'm not sure about the vomiting, are you sure you didn't pick up a bug on the airplane, they're awful for that kind of stuff.  Valium has a pretty long half life, you should be okay if you want to skip a dose.