Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Triple therapy for h. pylori and valium tapering

[fu...]

Does anyone here have experience with treating h. pylori while tapering valium?

I will have to take a combination of lanzoprazole, amoxycilin and claritromicin as treatment and I want to know if the interactions are safe or if I can even cut valium again while taking the treatment. I am in my fourth week at 0.75mg of Valium (I was using 1mg).

I don't have any experience with these medications or h. pylori but I wanted to say that we can't control every aspect of our lives while in benzo withdrawal, there comes a time for us all when we have to put other health concerns over our benzo journey.  If this treatment causes you problems, then perhaps you could hold your dose until your h. pylori is cleared up. 

Thank you, Pamster. I am over the fence with these meds because people say that h pylori can be treated with more natural ways, but maybe that is very hard considering the benzo belly.

You are right... I will give priority to my health. I am just afraid that my almost unbearable taper might get even harder due to these meds. I am tired off being so cautelous with anything. I hope things get better.

Thank you so much for the answer, eric.

I am now over the fence with the scenario. I have mild gastritis and tested positive for h pylori. But there are 2 things that I am really considering here: sometimes, when I have a strong wave, I feel my stomach very acid after the wave ends; also, considering that the gut is our "second brain" makes me wonder if lanzoprazole would even help with the w/d symptoms.

What makes me really over the fence is that I am barely able to work these days (but due to brain fog, stress and mental exhaustion) to the point that I am almost quiting my job. I have CBD oil here with me but I never tried afraid of the effects. I don't know if I should, given this scenario, finish my taper before the triple therapy, if I should start the triple therapy asap or if I should start CBD oil now with the hope that diminishing my stress through it is going to make even my gut better.

My husband was diagnosed with h-pylori years ago. He's never taken benzos but went through a similar medication protocol.  He had been having some terrible stomach pains for quite a while so for him it was a relief to find a solution.  He hasn't had an issue with this since he underwent the treatment.

pianogirl