Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Baclofen Interactions/ experiences?

[Sc...]

Hi,

I've been scripted baclofen for a pain condition for muscle relaxation as apposed to a suppository(Sorry tmi) valium as  doc wanted to script the suppository valium, but I thought its safer to do non benzo, so doc scripted baclofen. Is not benzo doc nor knowledgeable. And I'm unstable as it is right now. I Havnt filled the script yet, & there's no guarantee it will help my pain. Its to be taken orally, not sure on dose.

When the pain is super severe & it might help, it would be great if it were safe to not destabilize me benzo wise anymore.

Any experience or thoughts on this?

Currently DR visual distortions, poor cognition, mood swings, low depression. Some ok moments mood energy motivation wise, but using all is difficult with DR visual distortions & my pain issues.

Thanks in advance

Scaredie

My Neuro tried baclofen when my dystonia got severe after got off diazepam.

It was a bad idea for me. Caused muscles to collapse & dystonia got worse.

Tried it since as well and causes same paradoxical symptoms as Benzos.

My nervous system is sensitised though and get bad reaction to any meds now and some foods.

Am aware other ppl seem to be ok on it.

My Neuro tried baclofen when my dystonia got severe after got off diazepam.

It was a bad idea for me. Caused muscles to collapse & dystonia got worse.

Tried it since as well and causes same paradoxical symptoms as Benzos.

My nervous system is sensitised though and get bad reaction to any meds now and some foods.

Am aware other ppl seem to be ok on it.

Thanks for feedback. Sorry to hear.

Good to hear others have been ok. Hope they chime in.

It's a weird drug. I bought it online which isn't illegal here since it's not scheduled. I don't plan on buying more although I did use them all up over quite a long period of time. I bought them during more desperate times just before my taper started.

I have only taken it orally so I don't know if my experience would be a match. E.g. nausea and constipation/diarrhea were an issue, mild as far as those symptoms go but still not great and obviously if you had problems in those areas anyway, it would make them worse, unless a suppository takes them out of the equation.

Mentally, there's some weird stuff that happens for me at least. It made me feel a lot sharper, cognitively, and more willing to be social. I'm not sure I was actually sharper in hindsight, but it was nice to feel that way. But it would tire me out quite a lot. It seemed to take a heavy toll.

It's a weird drug. I bought it online which isn't illegal here since it's not scheduled. I don't plan on buying more although I did use them all up over quite a long period of time. I bought them during more desperate times just before my taper started.

I have only taken it orally so I don't know if my experience would be a match. E.g. nausea and constipation/diarrhea were an issue, mild as far as those symptoms go but still not great and obviously if you had problems in those areas anyway, it would make them worse, unless a suppository takes them out of the equation.

Mentally, there's some weird stuff that happens for me at least. It made me feel a lot sharper, cognitively, and more willing to be social. I'm not sure I was actually sharper in hindsight, but it was nice to feel that way. But it would tire me out quite a lot. It seemed to take a heavy toll.

Much thanks for your input. I'm going to be taking it orally, it turns out. Need for severe tight muscle spasm pain. Good to have a heads up on the side effects..ooo, dont need more to make me feel bad.

So no severe benzo interaction?

Take a heavy toll how? Like because it gave you energy then you crashed or it just made you tired feeling?

SC