Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help need some advice on withdrawal

[le...]

Been taking citalopram the briefly sertraline to try help with intrusive thoughts from zopiclone withdrawal. Made things lot worse given me more symptoms. Been on them 6 months trying wean off 10mg went to 7,5mg for 3 weeks now dropped to 5mg but since doing so sleep awful. Is it case will eventually settle as making symptoms lot worse but don't want increase the dise

I don't know about that particular med, but everyone suggests... when you're weaning a med and hit a wall, to try and stay the course on that dose, let your body catch up.  Trying not to go back up. 

Easier said than done...I'm struggling with that myself right now with a Remeron wean.  Ughh.. 

Hang in there.. and I will too!

God Bless...

I don't know about that particular med, but everyone suggests... when you're weaning a med and hit a wall, to try and stay the course on that dose, let your body catch up.  Trying not to go back up. 

Easier said than done...I'm struggling with that myself right now with a Remeron wean.  Ughh.. 

Hang in there.. and I will too!

God Bless...

This sounds like good advice. Stick at the dose you're at for the next month. No thoughts of increasing or decreasing. You will certainly feel better for doing this, maybe a lot better.