Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need Help Liquid Titrating: Two .25mg dose Kpin / day

[de...]

I am Ready with a capital "R." Ready to start moving toward zero. This Klonopin is making me ill. Currently I split a .5mg pill per day in half and take .25mg twice per day. I've procured 80 proof vodka and some small syringes that measure increments of .1ml. I can get a bigger syringe if needed.

I want to try starting with 10% of each dose. I want to take some off of each dose instead of just one dose. So 10% off of .25mg and do that 2x/day. Then I can wait 10-ish days and see how I feel.

I'm an English nerd but not the greatest at math!  I don't have the slightest clue how much vodka to use, water to add, or amount to take out of the solution. I don't know how to create a spreadsheet for numeric things.

Let's do this (rolls up sleeves).  Who can help me?

I am totally lost without Jim Hawk's plan, link below.  Perhaps someone will come along with the correct math figures for you but in the meantime, there's a bunch of great information here (under the Readme First tab) and it will figure out all the numbers for you.  It was a life saver for me.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Hi delsol :hug:

I am Ready with a capital "R." Ready to start moving toward zero.

By presenting this determination I can tell you now that you are already half way towards a full recovery. The rest would be to gradually lower a small quantity of benzo day after day while keeping symptoms manageable to finish this small dose of 0.5 mg/day. If you don't pay much attention to it, in less time than expected you will jump after the last dose.

I want to try starting with 10% of each dose. I want to take some off of each dose instead of just one dose. So 10% off of .25mg and do that 2x/day. Then I can wait 10-ish days and see how I feel.

I have something to share with you about this approach. I once wrote about it on one of the popular Antidepressant sites. The recommended approach at that site was: cut 10% then hold for 4 weeks with the same dose.

"...That strongly reminds me of what I know as "Cut & Hold" method where the quantity of drug  planned to be reduced during 4 weeks get suddenly cut away from one day to another. As the cut is abrupt, symptoms might kick in. Amid symptoms one holds waiting for the storm to pass. When after 4 weeks user get stabilized then hop! another sudden cut again and the 'hiccup' pattern starts again.

(…in a daily taper approach...) the quantity of drug planned to be reduced during 4 weeks will be equally spread to each of the 28 days and the dose of each day is always lower than the one of the previous day. The jump between each dose will be limited to 1/28 cut compared to the previous method where there is an important initial cut followed by 27 days of zero-cut to give time to the body to catch up with the initial cut.

I once read from a buddie who compared the 2 approaches as going down by slide vs stairs. I think he gave a pretty good idea of the difference.

I'm a believer in daily micro taper and all the following is is in accordance with it.

Let's do this (rolls up sleeves).  Who can help me?

I still have one week to go before I definitely leave. I will do my best to assist you.

Please go here and read carefully. Start your taper only when all questions are answered. Then go here to generate your planning. Here is an example how it may look like:

uqVAovw.png

u9Fnrqg.png

sGz0z2f.png

The blue figures in the table is the quantity of solution you will draw up with a 1 ml tuberculin syringe and swallow.

When it comes to prepare your solution, please pay particular attention to the hygiene needed when manipulating the jar, the cover, the spoon... As I understand you have already your Vodka at home, I propose we proceed as follows:

- Take 7 tablets of 0.5 mg each, for a total of 3.5 mg of clonazepam, and break it to small pieces with fingers and put them in a small clean jar with cover.

- Use a 10 ml syringe to add 7 ml of Vodka (80 proof) in the same jar and make sure it entirely covers the tablet pieces. Wait 10-15 minutes. Stir.

- Use a 10 ml syringe to add 28 ml of water and stir. The solution of 35 ml (=7+28), containing 3.5 mg of benzo will have a benzo concentration of 0.1 mg/ml ready for titration use.

Operation completed for 7 days use! Before preparing a new batch, dispose the remaining solution. Carefully clean the jar, the cover and rinse.

When water is added dissolved benzo get uniformly distributed in the solution and there is no risk that benzo will deposit at the bottom. You may see solid particles floating on the surface or laying at the bottom of the jar. They are not benzo, just excipients (coating, disintegrator, filler, binder, colorant...) and don't require any special attention to deal with.

This solution will be best kept in a closed jar at room temperature not directly exposed to sun light. Refrigeration is not required although it does not harm.

If doubts, please ask.

Wish you a smooth journey towards freedom.

:smitten:

I am totally lost without Jim Hawk's plan, link below.  Perhaps someone will come along with the correct math figures for you but in the meantime, there's a bunch of great information here (under the Readme First tab) and it will figure out all the numbers for you.  It was a life saver for me.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Hi CAgirl :hug:

You made my day! Hopefully others can obtain the same benefits in the future. Many thanks!

Jim:  I am weighing pros and cons of daily microtapering vs. small cuts/holds. I am having a toxicity reaction to this drug. This is why I've tried CT-ing it in the past (epic FAIL), cutting the dose in big increments (slightly less epic but still a FAIL), etc. However, whichever way best guarantees me the best chance to come off the drug successfully, I need to consider all options.

Is there a way to work the numbers, to do a daily microdose reduction, and if so, could you help me with those numbers as well?

Due to these pills being in high demand/controlled by doc and pharmacy, I don't want to accidentally throw in a bunch of pills, mess up the batch, or mess up the process. Then I'll be SOL without my Kpin until my next prescription. I am cautious about using my few remaining .5mg pills. However, I have an old stash of 1mg pills. Is there a way to still titrate via microdosing, using 1mg pills but making it like I want to titrate from .25 mg. twice a day? That way, if I mess up, I still have my .5mg pills. Sorry for any confusion or extra work. My brain is not working as well as it normally can. And, as I said, math and spreadsheets are not my strong suit. Thanks.

Jim:  I am weighing pros and cons of daily microtapering vs. small cuts/holds. I am having a toxicity reaction to this drug. This is why I've tried CT-ing it in the past (epic FAIL), cutting the dose in big increments (slightly less epic but still a FAIL), etc. However, whichever way best guarantees me the best chance to come off the drug successfully, I need to consider all options.

Is there a way to work the numbers, to do a daily microdose reduction, and if so, could you help me with those numbers as well?

Due to these pills being in high demand/controlled by doc and pharmacy, I don't want to accidentally throw in a bunch of pills, mess up the batch, or mess up the process. Then I'll be SOL without my Kpin until my next prescription. I am cautious about using my few remaining .5mg pills. However, I have an old stash of 1mg pills. Is there a way to still titrate via microdosing, using 1mg pills but making it like I want to titrate from .25 mg. twice a day? That way, if I mess up, I still have my .5mg pills. Sorry for any confusion or extra work. My brain is not working as well as it normally can. And, as I said, math and spreadsheets are not my strong suit. Thanks.

You can definitely use the 1 mg pills as well.

Hi delsol,

...Is there a way to work the numbers, to do a daily microdose reduction, and if so, could you help me with those numbers as well?

I could, if you help me too. Please revisit in my last message the attached links before the graphics. Then let’s please discuss.

... Is there a way to still titrate via microdosing, using 1mg pills ...

When i comes to prepare titration solution, any tablet format would work.

math and spreadsheets are not my strong suit

Don’t worry! When you play with the application attached in the links, in case you have problems of that kind, let’s see how we can address them together.

You are on a good track! Keep pushing!

:smitten:

JimHawk,

You are certainly welcome; thank you for such an ingenious plan.  I'm sure I wouldn't be where I am today without it.  :thumbsup:

Aaagh  :o  First, thank you for offering to help; however right now it appears I'm having paradoxical reactions to this Kpin, and I have a call in to my doctor, to see what I should do. I want to come down slowly, but each dose of this benzo I take throws me more and more into very scary side effects. I hope to not be one of those people who just plain can't taper because of sudden adverse reactions. I am hoping to see if I can do a valium crossover, if that even works in these situations.

Please stand by; I hope to get some answers from my doctor's office today.