Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How do.I plan a mirotitration for 12.5 mg valium?

[07...]

[07...]

I am thinking ahead a bit to get an idea of how I approach Valium tapering now that I have crossed over from Klonopin.  And should I be taking it 3 times a day or  two?  Thanks.

With Valiums long half life I can't imagine you'd need to take it 3 times a day but your symptoms should be your guide. 

You mentioned being interested in titration, this link will help you better understand the process. Titration FAQ's

Hi Lookinup :hug:

Clonazepam is known as an intermediate-acting benzo as its half-life elimination is between 18-39 hours. Diazepam as long-acting benzo is widely used in the taper exercise due to the long time it remains in your body after the dose is taken. The so called elimination half-life for it is between 32-47 hours. It only means that it takes that long for the drug to fall to half of its ingested value.

Because of its long half-life in most cases one or two doses a day is not that relevant. For 3.5 years I took one dose of 0.5 mg Clonazepam per night with no withdrawal symptoms. So it is rather a convenience decision if you decide to go for one or two doses a day, anyway three times is not necessary. I propose you just try to see. It must be harmless with no expected additional symptoms.

To taper off Diazepam, have a look here and select the method that best suits you. Should you need a planning that indicates what dose to take each day, then have a look  here. The general recommendations are to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days. If questions, just ask.

Wish you a smooth journey towards freedom.

:smitten:

[07...]

I am afraid that I will not be able to see the lines on amount that small from using a liquid.  Can Valium be dry cut to manageable doses?  And I am taking three doses right now. Should I gradually eliminate the middle of the day one to prepare for tapering?

Thank you,

Lookinup

Hi

I would like to figure our how to do a daily micro taper.  Is that possible?

It is. Have a look here:

YRAuoe0.png

The app is here.

I am afraid that I will not be able to see the lines on amount that small from using a liquid.

You will be using the 1ml syringe that enables you to draw up tiny amounts of solution. There won't be any problem, others have done that before you.

Can Valium be dry cut to manageable doses?

It can. You will need in this case a precision scale to weigh out the right quantity. It might create other problems when the precision of the scale is not up to what you expected.

Should I gradually eliminate the middle of the day one to prepare for tapering?

You don't have to. You can start to taper until the end with the same doses as today. My previous remark was to help in understanding that while short-acting benzos do require more doses a day, diazepam is different and one dose a day is what most buddies are taking.

All the best.

[07...]

Hi

I would like to figure our how to do a daily micro taper.  Is that possible?

It is. Have a look here:

YRAuoe0.png

The app is here.

I am afraid that I will not be able to see the lines on amount that small from using a liquid.

You will be using the 1ml syringe that enables you to draw up tiny amounts of solution. There won't be any problem, others have done that before you.

Can Valium be dry cut to manageable doses?

It can. You will need in this case a precision scale to weigh out the right quantity. It might create other problems when the precision of the scale is not up to what you expected.

Should I gradually eliminate the middle of the day one to prepare for tapering?

You don't have to. You can start to taper until the end with the same doses as today. My previous remark was to help in understanding that while short-acting benzos do require more doses a day, diazepam is different and one dose a day is what most buddies are taking.

All the best.