Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

DLMT of zoloft?

[Fp...]

Can you do a DLMT of zoloft? Im planning on slowly tapering zoloft the same way I tapered ativan. Ive been off ativan 18 months and Im ready to get off zoloft. Is a one year taper off 50mg too fast or too slow. The thing I like about a DLMT is that I can control the speed of my taper if symptoms arise. Ive read on other sites where people taper ADs super slow, like 3 to 5 years slow. That seems extreme to me. Im thinking that a 12 to 18 month taper may help me avoid any rebound depression. What do you guys think?

• 4 weeks later...
I quit zoloft in two days.that was before the internet and i didnt know you were supposed to taper i had no issues but everyone is different of course

Beings Zoloft comes in tablet form I’m fairly certain you can do liquid tapering. I want to say that i was somewhere there is a prescription liquid for it, but I’m not 100% on that. Surviving Antidepressants is definitely where you want to go to get more information.