Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3 Million Posts! A Small Milestone

[Co...]

I had been looking out for it, but then forgot about it. So, this is a few days late. But BB has now amassed more the 3 million posts. I guess not a thing to really boast about or in which to take pleasure. But still, quite an achievement. It makes BB one of the larger SMF powered forums put there.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Large_forums

I guess i will have to update the figures there.

• 2 weeks later...
I just checked this section.  I would say that 3 million posts is a huge milestone.  But more importantly, you have created and maintained the best benzo tapering and information support sight on the internet.

This is great news! I am so thankful that I joined BB's. It has been a life saver for so many. Thank you to the Admin, moderators and Buddies for making this site what it is! ❤

• 5 months later...

Dear Colin, it shows how far and wide BB has reached, and everywhere I read about people's success stories or recovery journeys (I think I have bought and read so many memoirs on this topic now), BB is mentioned for being as instrumental as it is. 

I am not out of the woods yet, but I know for sure that without BB I wouldn't have had a hope of understanding what was happening to me, and there would have been no solace or hope.

3 million posts speaks to a lot of suffering for sure; it also speaks to a broad reach and access to vital connection.  It's a great milestone.  Thank YOU and to all of Benzo Buddies

Why is it a good thing to have so many posts?

Repeated here are my opening comments:

I had been looking out for it, but then forgot about it. So, this is a few days late. But BB has now amassed more the 3 million posts. I guess not a thing to really boast about or in which to take pleasure. But still, quite an achievement. It makes BB one of the larger SMF powered forums put there.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Large_forums

I guess i will have to update the figures there.

As I said, a milestone. It is not a good thing that a place like BB is required for so many people. But, it is good thing that is here. BB has been going for 16 years now - a lot of other benzodiazepine support groups have come and gone during this time.

Dear Colin, it shows how far and wide BB has reached, and everywhere I read about people's success stories or recovery journeys (I think I have bought and read so many memoirs on this topic now), BB is mentioned for being as instrumental as it is. 

I am not out of the woods yet, but I know for sure that without BB I wouldn't have had a hope of understanding what was happening to me, and there would have been no solace or hope.

3 million posts speaks to a lot of suffering for sure; it also speaks to a broad reach and access to vital connection.  It's a great milestone.  Thank YOU and to all of Benzo Buddies

Thank you for your kind words, Agentic. And, all the team and members of our peer support group.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Colin should be proud that he created a place for so many people to come together in their quest to be free of benzos.  In the beginning of my search for help and support, I found one place that I rarely if ever got a response on and believe me, I needed support.  I did some more searching and found this site.

I wasn't too fond of the "buddies" part, but once I joined and found the support I so desperately needed, buddies fit perfectly.

Congratulations, Colin and the rest of the team. You have made this place safe and successful. I know I could not have gotten to where I am without this site.