Ativan titration schedule help

[bu...]

kitsune556,

Yes, .5 of ativan is equal to 5 of valium, but I was referring to my drug, oxazepam, and that's equivalent to 10 mg of .5 ativan.

kitsune556,

Yes, .5 of ativan is equal to 5 of valium, but I was referring to my drug, oxazepam, and that's equivalent to 10 mg of .5 ativan.

I totally misread your comment. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can I blame benzo brain?  :laugh: :laugh:

kitsune556,

I totally misread your comment. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can I blame benzo brain?  :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, you certainly can.  I do it all the time.  :sick:

I decided to push through and just slow the taper down. My Dr had me go for an ultrasound to make sure the abdomen pain isn't something else. Just awaiting results! I hate the anxiousness so much and the muscle pains are terrible but in the end the pain will be worth it because my kids will have their Dad back!

I decided to push through and just slow the taper down. My Dr had me go for an ultrasound to make sure the abdomen pain isn't something else. Just awaiting results! I hate the anxiousness so much and the muscle pains are terrible but in the end the pain will be worth it because my kids will have their Dad back!

I love this!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Wonderful attitude.  Yes, the pain is worth your children's gain.  Trusting the ultrasound will be just fine.

I get my ultrasound results tomorrow, so I will definitely update. I am now down to 1.25mg a day from 1.5mg. Feeling alot better these days! Withdrawal symptoms are fairly minimal, but my hunger is crazy! I am starving all day!

Ultrasound was all normal! Great piece of mind! I held my taper for a few days to adjust, I am getting longer windows and emotions are running wild, along with the hunger. Energy is up alot, so feeling good so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I know it is not ideal, but after continued fails at a taper of my daytime ativan I decided to cold turkey off the 1 dose but continue with my 1mg night dose until I level out, then cut it in half then totally off Ativan!

I stopped taking it 9 days ago, I feel pretty good, less back pain, mind feels clearer most days and appetite and energy are up!

This is great news bud, I'm so happy for you!  We're all so different, this is why each taper must be designed by the individual and adjusted as we go, you're living proof of this fact.

Please keep us posted, your experience will help someone else down the line.  :thumbsup:

Benzo's dull us and we don't even realize it's happening because it happens so slowly.  When we withdraw, everything comes rushing back way too quickly but as time goes on and we heal, we become us again, our personalities come back and we can feel empathy and make human connections again.  Wow, you're on your way back, this makes me feel good, thank you.  :smitten:

Thank You for the encouragement! My 2 year old son has never met the real me, only the benzo me! can't wait to get totally off these pills.