Need help with direct liquid micro taper plan

[ap...]

Oh man. You're awesome!!! Thanks for your speedy reply Pamster. The capsule method looks good to me. I can do it for him so he doesn't even have to think about it, and hopefully it will be fairly smooth sailing.

These last months have been a real hell. He was really motivated at first, and then when the suspension formula didn't arrive, and we realized we would not be able to source it easily nor at a reasonable price, he slipped back into a state of total denial. Then in desperation he secretly started cutting his pills in half !!!!!  :idiot: Thankfully he only did that for two days before telling me about it, and went back to his full dose.

The world has turned upside down this year and our best plans have gone the same way I'm afraid.  I'm pleased to hear you're still working as a team, you're good to support him.  In case you need help with the capsule plan, Bob7 is a team member so if you need some extra guidance let us know and we'll send him your way.

This may be helpful as well.  https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

Thanks for the reference on the Bob7. I might be needing his help on the math.

I put together a spread sheet using the template from the taper site you linked to (https://benzodrytapermath.com/equipment). I tried to start with a roughly 5% taper and work up to 10% over 3 months, but now the math doesn't look right after checking the percentage calculator you shared above. I would very much appreciate some help.

Also, at what point is it safe to jump off ? I seem to recall reading it's not necessary to taper down to zero.

Thanks!

A

Thanks for the reference on the Bob7. I might be needing his help on the math.

I put together a spread sheet using the template from the taper site you linked to (https://benzodrytapermath.com/equipment). I tried to start with a roughly 5% taper and work up to 10% over 3 months, but now the math doesn't look right after checking the percentage calculator you shared above. I would very much appreciate some help.

Also, at what point is it safe to jump off ? I seem to recall reading it's not necessary to taper down to zero.

Thanks!

A

Hi Aplusb,

I can help you with the math.  I can even help you with different methods of dry tapering.  The dry tapering on my website is only needed when you get to a really low dose.

Let me know how you want to start.

In general, I just need to know:

The type of Benzo

The current dose in mg

How many mg are in each pill.

The weight of each pill in grams

How fast do you want to taper

Let me know how I can help.

Bob

Hello Bob7 ! Thank you so much for your response. So this is your website ? https://benzodrytapermath.com/

We don't yet have a milligram scale, so I can't give you the exact weight of the pills themselves, but the rest of the information is listed below.

Is there a way to attach an excel doc here ? I made one with estimated values for a taper plan over 12 months, and would love to have someone look at it to make sure I've got the taper % right. If I understand correctly, reducing by .003 mg a day is about 5 % is that correct ?

My understanding is that 2 mg of Victan has a dose equivalency of 10 mg of Valium, and he's been taking 2mg daily for 8 years.

The type of Benzo : Victan (ethyl loflazepate)

The current dose in mg : 2mg

How many mg are in each pill: 2mg

How fast do you want to taper : Start with 5% and try to work up to 10%

Many thanks for your assistance !

A

Hi aplusb,

Yes, that is my website.

I never had much luck attaching anything to posts.  You could make a drop box but before you go to all that trouble, let us talk about easier ways to get started.

Concerning your your taper, until you get a scale, here is a very good way to started.

Ask your doctor to give 1mg tablets instead of 2mg tablets. 

Then, get pill cutter.  With some care, you can cut the pill into 1/8 size.  It might crumble so watch for the bits.

Then, each day, take a whole pill and then 7/8 of another pill.  That is a 6.25% reduction - a rather common starting reduction.  Hold at that level for a couple of weeks and when ready, reduce another 1/8 of a pill.

When you get below 1 mg, you will probably want to go slower and we can talk more at that time.

Bob

Hi Bob! Thanks for your speedy reply.

Victan only comes in 2mg, 4mg, and 6mg pills in Portugal, unfortunately.

I guess the concern is that we felt a microtaper would be best to avoid as much as possible withdrawal symptoms that can come with a jump.

Well in that case, buy a scale and then I can talk you through your first taper.

You will not need to mix any microcrystalline cellulose at first.  That comes later when you get to very small reductions.

At first, we can create a simple table.  You can just break up the tablets into bits and weigh the bits to get the daily dose.

As soon as you get the scale, weight 10 pills and divide by 10 to get the average pill weight.

Once we have that, it is a very easy ratio math to compute a 5 or 10% reduction.

Bob

Hello Bob. We ordered the necessaries today. We don't really want to mess around with making dry cuts, and would prefer to just use the capsule method all the way through. Could you download my dry taper doc with the WeTransfer link below, and let me know if the math looks right ? It starts with .003 mg reductions on month 1, and works up to .006 mg reductions by month 4. Does that sound reasonable ?

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a49059c28c00ec59d210f056cb8be26d20200810131244/4d60cdbf3abd395aa2bcb7d7ad3d210820200810131311/9b210c

Many thanks again for your assistance.

A

Hello Bob. We ordered the necessaries today. We don't really want to mess around with making dry cuts, and would prefer to just use the capsule method all the way through. Could you download my dry taper doc with the WeTransfer link below, and let me know if the math looks right ? It starts with .003 mg reductions on month 1, and works up to .006 mg reductions by month 4. Does that sound reasonable ?

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a49059c28c00ec59d210f056cb8be26d20200810131244/4d60cdbf3abd395aa2bcb7d7ad3d210820200810131311/9b210c

Many thanks again for your assistance.

A

The file download worked.

I checked all the math on months 1,2,3, 4 and the last one too.

You did it perfectly so I shall assume the middle months are good too.

You are clearly smart - you will do well - I wish you both the best.

I think your taper rate is good.  Here is why.

You say your benzo is about 5 times stronger than Valium.

My benzo was 20 times stronger than Valium.

So (confusing I know), your benzo is 4 times stronger than mine by weight.

Since I reduced at 0.001 mg per day and had tolerable withdrawal symptoms, I image you could handle 0.004 mg per day with the same effects.

So anywhere in the range of 0.004mg per day is good.

Bob

Oh thank you Bob. This is most encouraging ! It is my partner who will be tapering off. I will be assisting and managing the process. We'll take it slow and increase the taper rate over 4 months to see how he tolerates the shifts, going back down if necessary.

May I ask you what you mean by "tolerable" withdrawal symptoms ? It might help me to gauge his symptoms, and assess whether he's tapering too fast or not.

Thank you soooooo much for your support.

Well since my goal was to get off the Benzo as soon as possible since they were doing more harm than good, I tapered as fast as I could but still handle the symptoms.

I had a job to go to and so for me, tolerable systems were anxiety induced insomina and some chest pains and some strange heart beats but still able to go to my job.

Yeah. My man has to keep working too, and we're both concerned about that. That said, like you the faster he gets off the better. We'll just have to play it by ear.

Thank you so much for your help. I may check back here now and then. Otherwise, I think I'm going to open a ticket in the withdrawal support forum.

You're a good man. Your help is invaluable. I wish you all the best.

A