Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can you change over to Roxane Liquid Diazepam?

[Cr...]

Hey guys,

Do you know if you can switch over from tablets to a liquid Diazepam formula from your GP?

I'm doing a DLMT, but I don't know whether I'm doing it right.

I'm reading the graduations on the syringe, reducing .02 per day, and using a milk-base to reduce my dose. I tried it properly last night (after getting it wrong a few times) and it worked okay. I'm scared to do it again though - I don't want to stuff it up or have it not work properly.

Dave.

Hi! I am nearly a year off my benzo, but I'm currently tapering off my SSRI. For about 6 months, I was crushing tablets and dissolving them. Just recently, I went to my GP and asked for a liquid prescription. I'm a fan! I feel that it's easier (cuts out the step of crushing and dissolving), and I think it's likely that my dosing is more accurate??? I'm actually doing a mixture of tablets plus the liquid version. I recommend using the liquid if it's available to you!

Yes, if you can obtain the prescription liquid diazepam, this would be the best way to assure accurate dosing.  I hope you doctor is willing to help you with this.

pianogirl

Greetings, Crowman88.

I agree with Restoration123 and pianogirl.  If I had the option of using a prescription oral solution, that would be my choice for the reasons outlined in the Titration: FAQs at:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=231363.0

However, let me hasten to add, members have been using milk-based homemade liquids since the early days of this forum.  I’ve also read about members who made their own suspensions of diazepam using a suspending agent such as OraPlus/OralSweet or OraBlend.

Member Mary5588 has recently switched from using a milk/diazepam homemade liquid to using the prescription oral solution.  Let’s hope she stops by to share her thoughts.

Hey Crowman, I was on Teva Diazapam pills and was using dlmt with milk, crossed over to Roxann liquid, took my time, since I was changing generics.  Worked pretty well and is much easier to make and take.  I will tell you something funny about the Roxann though.  It tastes really bad, I read another buddy's post that said they read Roxann bottle and flavor was spiced Mint.  Spiced Mint!  It tastes like Chernobyl Toilet Seat.  I laughed and laughed, there is no better description.  :laugh: :laugh:  I add a little unsweetened tea and lite cranberry juice and it still tastes bad.    :D.  But it's working, so I will put up with the taste.  Good luck, Mary 💜💜

I'm doing a combo of pills and Roxane as well and I feel more confident about this method for me.  I am doing 5 mg in pill and 1 mg in liquid at the moment but will probably switch over to 4 mg pill and the rest Roxane here in a few weeks.  I dilute mine in water, 49ML water to 1ML Roxane for a 50 ML/1 MG solution.  Agree with Mary - so disgusting but I'm willing to put up with it.  Chase it with water and it's bearable. 

With Roxane Liquid Diazepam, do you drop .01 or .02mL of the liquid per day and drink the rest, or do you have to dilute it with water?

If I have 2.5mg that I want to slowly drop by .01 or .02, does it equate to 250mL if it is a 1mg/1mL solution?

Australia has a 1mg =100mL solution.

Dave.

Just checking ...

Is the Australian solution 1mg/100mL (a 0.01mg/1mL concentration) or 10mg/10mL (a 1mg/1mL concentration)?

According to the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods:

ORION DIAZEPAM 10mg/10mL oral liquid bottle

ARTG ID: 42852

Product name: ORION DIAZEPAM 10mg/10mL oral liquid bottle

Sponsor: Orion Laboratories Pty Ltd T/A Perrigo Australia

Libertas is on target.  You would need to find out what the actual mixture is of the liquid valium that is available to you.

If the Australian Solution is  10mg/10mL, as Libertas suggests, that would mean that one ML of the solution is equal to 1 mg of valium.

I did a switchover from valium pills to a combo of valium/diazepam pills and liquid valium.  The liquid valium/diazepam allows me to make much smaller cuts than I was able to with the pills, and to do make those smaller cuts more easily.

I am using the American made 5mg/5ml solution of liquid Valium/Diazepam.  I mix it with water at a ratio of 1 ml of liquid valium to 9 ml of water.  I make a large batch that I later draw my doses from because it is much easier than trying to mix one dose at a time when I need it.  I got these instructions, information and rationale from the poster Builder.

Mixing the liquid valium/diazepam with water in a ratio of 1 ml of liquid valium to 9 ml of water makes the math easier while tapering and provides you a solution with a lower concentration of valium, which allows you taper daily by a smaller amount.  This creates for an easier taper.

I use a 10 ML syringe that I bought in a batch from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJYMOP6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1.  This syringe allows me to measure as low as .2 ml or 2/10ths of an ml.  This allows you to make reductions by .02mg of valium after the liquid valium is diluted with 1 part liquid valium to 9 parts water. 

Use a jar that is clean and can seal tightly.  I bought several the jars in case I break one.

I use the 10 ML syringe to measure out 10 ML liquid Diazepam/valium and spray it into the jar.

I then use the same syringe to draw 10 ml of water and spray it into the jar.  I repeat this 9 times so that the jar now has a total of 90 ml of water and 10 ml of liquid diazepam in it.  I use these numbers as an example.  You can certainly make a larger batch if you like.

By drawing the water into the same syringe after I used it to draw the liquid diazepam and spraying it into the jar, I make sure to wash out any of the liquid Diazepam that might have stuck in the syringe--although none is visible to me.

I now have a jar with 100 ml of solution with the water at a 9-1 ratio with the liquid diazepam.  At this point I close and shake the jar.  I also shake it every day before drawing my daily dose.

Another thing that I do is pour a bunch of the liquid diazepam out of its container into a glass jar and use that to draw from to make my mixture.

I do this for two reasons:

1. It is very hard and awkward to draw the liquid diazepam out of its container while it is much easier to do so out of a jar since the jar has a wider top to get the syringe into and is smaller and easier to work with.

2. I am afraid that I might wind up dropping or spilling the liquid diazepam container if I am trying to tilt it to draw liquid out of it with a syringe.

When taking my dose, I shake the jar with the mixture, open it, and use the 10 ml syringe to draw out however much of the diluted liquid valium that I need and then I spray it down my throat.

We all do different things but same concept.....I use a 60ML syringe, a 10 ML syringe and a 1 ML syringe.  I also put my solution into amber medicine bottles (different sizes) and use adapter caps - I got these originally from my pharmacy and then bought all my supplies in bulk for the next 2 years.  I use adapter caps as well into the medicine bottle of my pharmacy brand liquid diazepam to ensure I can draw up an accurate amount.  I also keep my bottles in a small glasses to ensure they can't tip over.  I also use a scale that measures to the nearest ML to ensure that I'm getting the correct amount as a double check (a bit OCD about it, I guess).  These were all tips that were passed along to me and help. 

Just checking ...

Is the Australian solution 1mg/100mL (a 0.01mg/1mL concentration) or 10mg/10mL (a 1mg/1mL concentration)?

According to the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods:

ORION DIAZEPAM 10mg/10mL oral liquid bottle

ARTG ID: 42852

Product name: ORION DIAZEPAM 10mg/10mL oral liquid bottle

Sponsor: Orion Laboratories Pty Ltd T/A Perrigo Australia

Hi Libertas,

Yes, you are right, sorry about the confusion.

Dave.