Cold Turkey Summer 2019

[Iw...]

C/T August 2019. Had no idea that I C/T’d because I’ve never even had to take an Rx for anything. But I never looked back and refuse to ever put another Benzo in my body again. Only a few (challenging) lingering symptoms left and I’m continuing to push through everyday!

[d7...]

Wtg Dani

Soldiering through too.

Iwant,

So glad you have been able to keep your creative crafty things up as that is a huge distraction, I paint, color, gardening, clean just keep busy.

B

• 3 weeks later...
[d7...]
Hi guys just checking on all of us, if I didn't have such morning crap I would say I feel healing.  I sure have some good afternoons?  Anybody else what is better?

In my experience mornings were generally harder than the afternoon and evening. 

You are healing whether in feels like it or not!  The truth is everyday brings more healing and brings you one day closer to being completely healed.

Symptoms are signs of healing.

You're almost 6 months off. 

You'll get there.

I have a question,

I'm starting to shake and feel hyper ...more than usual.  Wondering if I should hold for a day or so or keep tapering?  I know it's hard to say for anyone to know since we're all different.

I just don't want to get to the point where I end up with CT again.  UGH!

Dilemma on whether to know if this will pass or if it will get worse if I continue tapering.  I'm only tapering 10% a month which is 1 milliliter removal of liquid a day.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Kimmie

I dont see any negative in holding abd letting your body adjust. After I accidently C/T (Long story) I believe if I had to do it again I would taper with the believe theres no such thing as to slow, but Im sure theres folks more knowledgable on the subject.

I was taken off in treatment on 7/5/2019 when I stopped drinking as well.  My drinking never was a concern until the last 4 years of Klonopin use (total 10 years 1mg twice a day).  I could use a group to message with to tell me occasionally that I’m not going crazy and it’s really Benzo withdraw.

[d7...]
Well hi there Tex keep posting. . Lots of good peeps here, do you have Support?  Are you eating, drinking and getting excercise? 

I do have a little support but most family members don’t understand it.  Sleep has improved and eating better and drinking water is a must.  I’ve started walking and that really helps even if it’s a little amount.  I was feeling good a couple of days in the past and tried to run a mile and found out you really can push yourself to hard.  Not being able to work much is the most disheartening and when I feel well enough to do so I’ve learned that I can’t handle much stress or serious anxiety sets in like never felt before.  Hearing from you guys has lifted my spirits for sure.

[d7...]
Have you read the Ashton Manual??  I m so glad you have support, it's really important.  Oh good you are taking all the right steps I know of.  I m sorry you are suffering.  I get caught in the sx too.  Keep posting and ask questions if you have them.  Someone will jump in and try to help.  Hang in there🙏💪✌️💜

I been off since july 2019 6.5 months sill feel it but i can tell its starting to get better slowly but surely. Hope it works out im pretty sure it will.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi guys, as i see, most of folks here are CT people, but i CTed 3 drugs and i am still on a medication. I have left back almost 9 months and i have been getting bad anx. last 15&20 days. I hope healing is valid in spite of current medication. My only big problems are this bad anx. and some histamin issues related to rem. what can you say about that anx and healing?

We cold turkey people need to stick together. Most people who taper sort of look down on us. Which is unfair but the human mind can play some pretty weird tricks.

Going cold turkey off benzos is risky but not terribly dangerous. I can tell you for sure that it was my ONLY way of getting benzos out of my life. They had taken such a hold on me and I did not even realize that.

Its interesting to me that taper people seem to suffer just as bad as we do. Does anyone have ideas on why this is? People who taper seem to have the exact same symptoms as we do. I have been trying to figure this out for years now and haven't gotten any closer to the truth.

east

We cold turkey people need to stick together. Most people who taper sort of look down on us. Which is unfair but the human mind can play some pretty weird tricks.

Going cold turkey off benzos is risky but not terribly dangerous. I can tell you for sure that it was my ONLY way of getting benzos out of my life. They had taken such a hold on me and I did not even realize that.

Its interesting to me that taper people seem to suffer just as bad as we do. Does anyone have ideas on why this is? People who taper seem to have the exact same symptoms as we do. I have been trying to figure this out for years now and haven't gotten any closer to the truth.

east

I'm wondering the same thing East. I was only on this stuff for 4weeks and stopped myself having no idea what would happen to me. But here I am 6 months later. Some days are good and some are BAD. But I do see many who have done it the right way(tapered) and suffer as bad as we do. I hope that we can all heal from this. I know I'd like to read more stories about people who ct'd.

[d7...]

Yes and yours is coming and then there will be no more sx.  I just know it! I could not have tapered as my life and circumstances would not allow.  I knew something was not right after the CT then I found BB.  I m hoping it all keeps passing with time.

B

I think some people that taper suffer just as badly as those of us that did a CT because very little, if any, healing took place during their taper? I don't have any evidence to back this up other than anecdotal evidence from reading what others posted.

It seems that some people heal more and are not as sensitive to Benzos as other people are.  So for those people, even with a slow taper, they still have a very intense and difficult WD?  On the other hand, some people that CT don't always have an intense, long lasting WD either. 

It's all a crap shoot as to how long your WD will be and what type of symptoms you'll have and how intense they will be.

I concur with East and I am glad I did a CT.  The risk of having a seizure is not as high as medical community makes it out to be.  By saying that, I am in no way suggesting nor advocating for anyone to do a CT as it is not recommended.  But sometimes a CT is the only way off for some and for me it worked out. 

• 2 weeks later...
Hi didn't get much response from my post so trying here. Made to ct zopiclone Jan 2019 withdrawal been awful horrendous mental problems thinking was mentally ill. Stupidly went on couple SSRI for 5 months made lot worse and now developed OCD and anxiety much worse. Thinking trying diazapam just for bad days but very nervous. How do others cope. I did cold turkey the SSRI which wouldn't recommend only because we're making very depressed and giving with me very bad thoughts. Has anyone had help from psychiatrist?

• 4 months later...

Ya with or without knowledge, intentionally or not CTed group should support among ourselves. I close to two months off and insonmia still a problem, couldn't nap in the afternoon and only few hours broken sleep at night.

Do you guys like develop a tolerance towards sleeping? I mean first two months you are very tired and only want to sleep but lately even with few hours of sleep you don't feel as tire as before which scares me.

I have heard countless stories of people tapering for 2 years to a microdose and then when they quit completely, they go on to withdrawal for 2 years. So what is the point of tapering if you are still just going to suffer anyways. I took 3mg a day of Klonopin for 8 years and Ct'd. I am only 25 days out but I would say I feel about 60% better from my acute withdrawal. I am not suggesting that anyone should CT but what is the point of delaying the inevitable?