Important Survey - Please Participate ×

HELP! I lost my notes on how to figure the % of my cuts?

[jo...]

I have lost my notepad showing me the math on how I figure my % cut from one mg to the next.  In three days I will be down to 8 mg of valium from 15 mg  by using both pills and a DLMT.  It's been a long road.

I plan micro tapering .02 mg a day when I get to 8 mg.  My benzo brain will not let me remember the math to figure my % cut from 8 mg to 7 mg at a cut of .02 mg a day.  The notepad I lost showed me how to figure my % cut for 15 days or 30 days.  I taper fairly slowly and function best between 6% & 9% a month.

Any help would be greatly appreciated AGAIN. :)

I need to tape my notes to my fridge to help with future memory problems these terrible meds have caused.

Thanks to all. :smitten:

Great job with your taper so far!

Here are the calculations:

8 X .6(%)=  .48/15 days = .032 perday

8 X .6(%)=  .48/30 days = .016 perday

8 X .7(%)= .56/15 days = .037 perday

8 X .7(%)= .56/30 days = .018 perday

8 X .8(%)= .64/30 days = .042 perday

8 X .8(%)= .64/30 days = .021 perday

8 x .9(%)= .72/15 days = .048 perday

8 x .9(%)= .72/30 days = .024 perday

Here is a program that may help you with these calcualtions.

Thanks to both of you for replying.  Your answers were helpful, but I'm still a bit confused.

My liquid taper ratio is 1mg:100ml.  I am planning to do a .02 mg daily reduction, which would be 2 ml a day from the 100 ml solution.  This would take 50 days to taper 1 mg.  At 8 mg, I am still confused what my 30 day % cut would be?  When I started at 15 mg I was tapering .03 mg a day and could do all the calculations, but at this stage of my taper my memory and cognitive ability sometimes gets pretty bad.

My apologies for not yet quite understanding and I do appreciate you taking the time to try and help me.

The sad thing is, before these benzos got a hold on me I used to be a math teacher. And now after 8 years on these horrible drugs, I struggle with simple math such as this. :'(

Greetings, jojodancer.  It must be incredibly frustrating not to be able to do simple math given your background.  Is this what you are looking for? Be forewarned, I too have Benzo Brain when it comes to math so don’t trust the following until someone else checks it.

Inputs:

TDD1 = 8 (where TDD1 = Total Daily Dose on Day 1 in mg)

DR = 0.02 (where DR = daily reduction in mg)

Here are the steps and the math:

(1) Calculate your Total Monthly Reduction (TMR).

DR x 30 days = TMR

0.02mg per day x 30 days = 0.6mg

(2) Calculate your Total Daily Dose on Day 30 (TDD30).

TDD1 - TMR = TDD30

8mg - 0.6mg = 7.4mg

(3) Calculate your percent reduction.

(TDD1 - TDD30)/TDD1 x 100 = %R

(8 - 7.4)/8 x 100 = 7.5%

Or, you can plug your TDD1 and TDD30 into this online calculator:

Percent Change Calculator

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

Greetings, jojodancer.  It must be incredibly frustrating not to be able to do simple math given your background.  Is this what you are looking for? Be forewarned, I too have Benzo Brain when it comes to math so don’t trust the following until someone else checks it.

Inputs:

TDD1 = 8 (where TDD1 = Total Daily Dose on Day 1 in mg)

DR = 0.02 (where DR = daily reduction in mg)

Here are the steps and the math:

(1) Calculate your Total Monthly Reduction (TMR).

DR x 30 days = TMR

0.02mg per day x 30 days = 0.6mg

(2) Calculate your Total Daily Dose on Day 30 (TDD30).

TDD1 - TMR = TDD30

8mg - 0.6mg = 7.4mg

(3) Calculate your percent reduction.

(TDD1 - TDD30)/TDD1 x 100 = %R

(8 - 7.4)/8 x 100 = 7.5%

Or, you can plug your TDD1 and TDD30 into this online calculator:

Percent Change Calculator

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

Thanks so much Libertas!! :D

This is exactly what I was looking for!!  As soon as I read it, my brain seemed to revert back to normal and I immediately remembered how to do the calculations.  I still printed a copy and saved it to my computer, because I know there will be another cognitive lapse during this journey.  It's amazing the effect these drugs have on the person we used to be.  But I believe, if we keep positive and fighting the fight, we will eventually get our old selves back.

Thank you again for the information and giving me, even if only temporary, the mathematical comprehension I once had. :smitten: