Important Survey - Please Participate ×

heart palpitations-Benzo withdrawal

[Re...]

Hi guys, I have been decreasing my Klonopin (Clonazepam) for 3 years. I was at 2 MG a day and now for the last few months I am down to .5 MG daily. I am having bad heart palpitations. The doctor says they go away. I have not had too much improvement over the last few months with a steady .5MG daily. I don’t want to go back up in dose. It has taken me so much to get down to where I am? Has anyone experience heart palpitations? And can someone please give me some reassurance. Thanks!

I had a lot of heart issues during my taper. Irregular heartbeat . . . racing heartbeat . . . high bp. I took a beta blocker and that seemed to control things. When I finished my taper, I was able to reduce my beta blocker to the lowest dose (I have high bp and need to take a bb anyhow). But my taper sure messed with my heart and my bp. I think your palpitations will go away, as your doc suggested. At least mine did.

Hope this helps,

Katz

[93...]
In my opinion anyone experiencing palpitations from bwd should always get an EKG. Bwd has the potential to cause some serious heart issues, in fact that's the reason it can kill you. An EKG is good reassurance.