Important Survey - Please Participate ×

DLMT with Valium Questions!

[ki...]

So I am tapering again using the DLMT method. I have 5 mg tablets and my current dose is just under 4 mg. I dose twice daily. I see that some people take part of their dose as a tablet and then the rest as liquid, and I’m wondering at my current dose if it really matters. (Plus it would be more challenging because I have 5 mg tabs). I was initially concerned about consuming vodka, but think my issues are most likely related to my jump, reinstatement, and updose in Oct/Nov. I’ve been on the liquid solution since Dec 4th and have had some good days and some rough, I would say slightly more good than bad. Also, I’ve been told from a friend that the 2 ml vodka per 1 mg V + 8 ml water does not quite meet solubility requirements, so it wouldn’t be as accurate a solution as say something with a lot more water.  I know many people have used the 1:10 ratio method successfully, I’m wondering if more accuracy matters (and also do I need to shake the solution before I draw?)

A little more info on my solution: I use 4 5 mg tabs of V with 40 ml vodka and 160 ml water. I dose 19.xx ml twice daily from that (literally just started tapering again).

I am at 6.18 mg and I use 5 mg of dry tablets and 1.18 mg of Roxane and am considering moving another 1 mg to Roxane to adjust while I am still higher.  I did NOT do well with vodka/water with Klonopin but as you know, it's a different drug and more potent.  Could your doctor not prescribe you 2 mg tablets and thus, you could try and see if there's a difference in how you feel?  That's personally what I would do if you are still feeling rough. 

I am at 6.18 mg and I use 5 mg of dry tablets and 1.18 mg of Roxane and am considering moving another 1 mg to Roxane to adjust while I am still higher.  I did NOT do well with vodka/water with Klonopin but as you know, it's a different drug and more potent.  Could your doctor not prescribe you 2 mg tablets and thus, you could try and see if there's a difference in how you feel?  That's personally what I would do if you are still feeling rough.

Thanks for your reply! My psychiatrist thinks I’m at a lot higher dose than I am (10 mg). I asked her to prescribe only 2 mg tablets, but she decided to prescribe half 5 mg and half 2 mg for my 10 mg script, because 10 mg x30 worth of 2 mg tabs was “a lot of tablets”. So I do have some 2 mg tabs, but I have a lot more 5 mg tabs. She’s on vacation for the next couple of months, so i can’t request a change to my prescription again until she’s back.

Gotcha.  Well, another option is to use 1/2 to 3/4 of your 5 mg tablets per day.  As long as you are using the other 1/2 to 1/4 the next day, it should even out.  Then you could do the rest as a DLMT.