Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Splitting doses help!

[Be...]

I have a complex story now, but here’s where I’m at. I’ve taken temazapam 15 nightly for about 4-5 years. I was in pretty tough condition going into my taper. Which started almost 60 day’s ago. I’m doing liquid micro taper with 300ML liquid. It hasn’t been pretty but definitely manageable. I was recommended splitting my doses instead of just doing the once at night. I started splitting last week. Well since then I’ve gone into a very very serious decline. Into a scary acute spot for me, feels like a cold turkey all the sudden. Curious if anyone has experienced this and how do I get the toothpaste back in the tube now. I’m scared to just jump back to my nightly dose and shock

My system again and again?? I’m in a rough spot. I’d appreciate some feedback! Thank you

I'm sorry, it seems no one can relate to this. But I'm wondering if things have settled down for you yet? Sometimes if a change causes problems, if you give it time, things settle back down again.

Hi.. :)

Sorry, not my med or noticeable experience either really, but it seems to me that for some of these meds the lesser “peak” or “flooding” of halving or reducing a dose can have its own little(ish) withdrawal... Iv only really looked at it from a valium aspect with its three metabolites of differing onset and duration of action characteristics...  So perhaps?? its going to take a period of adjustment before things settle, but I would suspect that would be somewhat short lived for most people..??

I sure understand about the “shock” aspect, -more of an issue for some than others, and perhaps less in the shorter term and with the more subtle changes..  Thats going to be a rather personal decision and perhaps related to ones history and experiences...

Anyways, sorry I only just saw this... Let us know how things are for you atm..

:)

I appreciate the reply’s and support. I seem to be adjusting with the split, after about 12 days🥵🥵

Good stuff..!!

-and as best we can guess, it sounds about right to me for a general timeframe...

Hope the split helps and things keep getting better..

:)

I appreciate the reply’s and support. I seem to be adjusting with the split, after about 12 days🥵🥵

Good news!

It can take a couple of weeks for the body to adjust to any changes.

PG  :smitten: