Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need some advice on my taper please

[te...]

Been tapering for over a year it has been very hard.

Since I switched to  liquid things go a better , still symptoms creep in anxiety and no sleep ... Sleep is the worst of my symptoms.

It has taken me 3 months to get from 23.7 to 20.4 mls of ativan daily. That is 3 months. And my symptoms get so much worse if i try to go any faster . I tried the last two weeks to speed things up by just a tiny amount and I have not slept in 3 days no naps either.

Any suggestions will this happen the lower I get ?  And is that amount of  3.3 deduction too slow over 3 months?

Thank you,

Lisa

Milliliters are not what I've learned to go by as far as tapering is concerned as the amount of mls in a person's solution differ. Yes, we draw it up as mls, but it's the milligram of the drug that matters.

CAgirl ,

Thanks for the response, I dont really understand your answer ,

My solution is 0.5 mg of ativan pill and 49 mls of water and 1 ml of vodka.

If I am at 20.4 mls per day what millergram am I at? I thought it would be the same 20.4 mg?

Also I was making my solution daily and throwing the excess away. I have come to the place were I have enough left over for more than

one day I . Can I use the same solution or should I remake it every day?

Thanks Lisa

CAgirl ,

Thanks for the response, I dont really understand your answer ,

My solution is 0.5 mg of ativan pill and 49 mls of water and 1 ml of vodka.

If I am at 20.4 mls per day what millergram am I at? I thought it would be the same 20.4 mg?

Also I was making my solution daily and throwing the excess away. I have come to the place were I have enough left over for more than

one day I . Can I use the same solution or should I remake it every day?

Thanks Lisa

Hope someone checks this..!!

0.5mg x 100 = 50ml

20.4ml divided by 100 = 0.204mg

Hi Lisa.. :)

Your mix is “apparently” ok to keep for atleast 10 days.. (standard room temp, and out of the light)

:)

Thank you all !

Builder gave me the solution months ago ,

Was trying to figure out how many milligrams I was on and if it was ok to keep liquid . ThAnk you for the answers !

Lisa

Wishing everyone well .

I keep telling myself I won't do this anymore, but...here it is.

.5mg in 50 ml liquid is .01mg per ml.

If you are dosing 20.4 ml, then your dose in mgs is .204mgs  (20.4ml .01 = .204.)  You just move the decimal 2 places to the left.

And your vodka/water solution will be stable annd uniform, regardless of what Colin wants you to believe.

It's sad the BB has become a wasteland where there are no members to offer real answers.  (Cantfly excepted! :thumbsup: )

If you are dosing 20.4 ml, then your dose in mgs is .204mgs  (20.4ml .01 = .204.)  You just move the decimal 2 places to the left.

And your vodka/water solution will be stable annd uniform, regardless of what Colin wants you to believe.

It's sad the BB has become a wasteland where there are no members to offer real answers.  (Cantfly excepted! :thumbsup: )

Wise people accept that not everything they think they know, they actually know.  I don't know how many times Colin and others have pointed out the errors in your assertions about the stability of solutions.

BB is hardly a wasteland, your comment is simply folly.

pianogirl

Been tapering for over a year it has been very hard.

Since I switched to  liquid things go a better , still symptoms creep in anxiety and no sleep ... Sleep is the worst of my symptoms.

It has taken me 3 months to get from 23.7 to 20.4 mls of ativan daily. That is 3 months. And my symptoms get so much worse if i try to go any faster . I tried the last two weeks to speed things up by just a tiny amount and I have not slept in 3 days no naps either.

Any suggestions will this happen the lower I get ?  And is that amount of  3.3 deduction too slow over 3 months?

Thank you,

Lisa

Hey Lisa, I don't take Ativan but I think your questions could be answered by anyone that's tapered awhile.  No one can really say if the sleep issue will be with you the whole time, everyone is so different and there are so many variables.  Let's hope not.  If 3.3 was your reduction and you still had a rough taper, it was definitely not too slow.  A lot of us have to do symptom based tapers, which means unfortunately, we have to go slow.  I know , no fun.  I hope your start sleeping soon, and you never know, that might happen, or at least start getting more sleep.  Wish you lots of luck, Mary

Edit: fixed quote box.

~Colin

builder said:

Cantfly said:

0.5mg x 100 = 50ml

20.4ml divided by 100 = 0.204mg

Your mix is “apparently” ok to keep for atleast 10 days.. (standard room temp, and out of the light)

(and she asked for a confirmation ::))

edit: content

Thanks for “catching” that Mary Mim.. :)

-I totally missed the Sleep/symptoms/speed question.. Sorry Lisa...

I guess in relation to the “other”, I would simply say “Ballance”... And thats on all of us, -as best we can at any given time, and in our own ways...  -A Village mentality perhaps..

Just my thought, fwiw...

Well, I try, but I'll stop trying because I can't quite grasp it, I guess, with the exception of my own taper. I was only trying to help her since no one responded but since finding out she got her original information from you, then she will be fine. 

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. 

Well, I try, but I'll stop trying because I can't quite grasp it, I guess, with the exception of my own taper. I was only trying to help her since no one responded but since finding out she got her original information from you, then she will be fine. 

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

Hey... :)

The try/reply should be far more the important thing..!! -For so many reasons..

And there was nothing wrong with yours, -not that it should matter if there was..

Shine on CAgirl..

I am touched by all the support . Thank you all

Lisa

Our pleasure, -im sure..!!

I hope all goes well and you find the pace that works for you..