Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Could I please get some help with a DLMT plan?

[do...]

Hello, everyone. I could use some help with a water taper. I'm at 0.026 g pill weight (0.076 mg) from a 0.5 mg Clonazepam pill that weighs 0.085 g. I'd like to go with a daily water/vodka taper with 1 ml reductions per day in a 200 ml solution. Can anyone help? 

I'd really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Rene

Hello, everyone. I could use some help with a water taper. I'm at 0.026 g pill weight (0.076 mg) from a 0.5 mg Clonazepam pill that weighs 0.085 g. I'd like to go with a daily water/vodka taper with 1 ml reductions per day in a 200 ml solution. Can anyone help? 

I'd really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Guy

Your are doing awesome job, you are almost there!

So basically you want to taper the .076mg in 200 days?

Here is a program where you can create your own taper plan. This is a sample made using this program. You can easily tweek your daily reductions with this program. Check it out.

Thank you for the encouragement, Gudruna! I'm trying to get that chart to show me how to do this in less amount of days. 200 kinda sounds a bit excessive for my current dose. I'm also wondering if 1 ml reductions daily are too harsh on one's system, and at the same time i don't want to prolong the misery.

>> edited to include this problem and calculations<<

Also, I was told my dose is higher than i thought:

"0.5mg in 200ml gives 0.0025mg per ml

You have used a 0.5mg pill. Your drug dose is at 0.153mg.

That dose will be found in 61.2ml of mixture."

However, that doesn't make sense if I were to go by the actual pill weight which is 0.026 g. Here's the calculation: 0.5 divided by 0.170 x 0.026= 0.076 mg.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.  :idiot:

Thank you for the encouragement, Gudruna! I'm trying to get that chart to show me how to do this in less amount of days. 200 kinda sounds a bit excessive for my current dose. I'm also wondering if 1 ml reductions daily are too harsh on one's system, and at the same time i don't want to prolong the misery.

You are welcome...it's not so much the "mls" value to change but more the "mgs".  There is a couple of ways to change these values. In the "quantity box" try changing the "mg" value to more "mg" per day. If I were at .076mg and my symptoms were tolerable I would continue reducing at the same rate I had been throughout my taper. Jump point would be .025mg. So you have .051mg to go. If you need more help give me more specifics on what your taper reductions/symptoms have been since the get go and I can try to help you come up with a solid plan :thumbsup:

You are welcome...it's not so much the "mls" value to change but more the "mgs".  There is a couple of ways to change these values. In the "quantity box" try changing the "mg" value to more "mg" per day. If I were at .076mg and my symptoms were tolerable I would continue reducing at the same rate I had been throughout my taper. Jump point would be .025mg. So you have .051mg to go. If you need more help give me more specifics on what your taper reductions/symptoms have been since the get go and I can try to help you come up with a solid plan :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot! Please, read my edited post above. With my benzo brain, i forgot to include something important. 

However, that doesn't make sense if I were to go by the  actual pill weight which is 0.026 g. Here's the calculation: 0.5 divided by 0.170 x 0.026= 0.076 mg.

I am confused too. A g(gram) is 1000mg. I have seen others report that a tablet weighs .170 mg so I am wondering what setting you have your scale set at? g, mg or ? What brand of scale are you using?

I am confused too. A g(gram) is 1000mg. I have seen others report that a tablet weighs .170 mg so I am wondering what setting you have your scale set at? g, mg or ? What brand of scale are you using?

Tablets typically weigh about 150 mgs, or .150 grams  (+/- 20 mg or .020g)

Just move the decimal 3 places to convert.

However, that doesn't make sense if I were to go by the  actual pill weight which is 0.026 g. Here's the calculation: 0.5 divided by 0.170 x 0.026= 0.076 mg.

Well, it's real mess! This is what happened. The person who was helping with my latest attempt at a DLMT made a mistake and trying to help me made me updose instead. So now I believe I'm kindled. As it turns out I should be at 30.5 ml (from the 200 ml solution, not at 54 ml as it was wrongly proposed). :(:tickedoff:

This is the breakdown from another source good with numbers: "If you mix a 0.5 mg tablet in 200 mL, the solution has 0.0025 mg/mL. If your current dose is .07647 mg, divide that by mg/mL of 0.0025, the result is about 30.5 mL which is 0.07625 mg"

Since that sounds correct, even by my sorry ass estimations, now i'm wondering if i should go back to dry tapering 0.076 mg until i get a good plan going, or should I liquid taper down quickly to 30.5 ml and hold on for dear life before continuing.  :o Maybe that's doable since I only been doing that plan for 9 days? Thank you, Gudruna, I really appreciate your help.

Well, it's real mess! This is what happened. The person who was helping with my latest attempt at a DLMT made a mistake and trying to help me made me updose instead. So now I believe I'm kindled. As it turns out I should be at 30.5 ml (from the 200 ml solution, not at 54 ml as it was wrongly proposed). :(:tickedoff:

This is the breakdown from another source good with numbers: "If you mix a 0.5 mg tablet in 200 mL, the solution has 0.0025 mg/mL. If your current dose is .07647 mg, divide that by mg/mL of 0.0025, the result is about 30.5 mL which is 0.07625 mg"

Since that sounds correct, even by my sorry ass estimations, now i'm wondering if i should go back to dry tapering 0.076 mg until i get a good plan going, or should I liquid taper down quickly to 30.5 ml and hold on for dear life before continuing.  :o Maybe that's doable since I only been doing that plan for 9 days? Thank you, Gudruna, I really appreciate your help.

I would go back to the point where you were feeling ok. 9 days is not that long. Don't worry about this. Hold for awhile while you are getting your new plan together. We can help you with creating this new plan so that you feel comfortable before you start. No worries, you got this :thumbsup:

Gudruna, I'd appreciate that, thank you. While i was trying the wrong plan and ended up updosing the only time i felt Ok was when i made my dose with vodka/water for just a coupla days as a try-out. Then I continued with just water, and everything has been downhill since. Do you think maybe that is what's causing the problem? I feel like i've been all over the map from the time i asked the question here. I haven't had a break or a window since then. Is it possible that vodka/water could have made that much of a difference, and if so, shall i start using that method instead from here on?

the only time i felt Ok was when i made my dose with vodka/water for just a coupla days as a try out. Then I continued with just water, and everything has been downhill since. Do you think maybe that is what's causing the problem? I feel like i've been all over the map from the time i asked the question here. I haven't had a break or a window since then. Is it possible that vodka/water could have made that much of a difference, and if so, shall i start using that method instead from here on?

doriia,

Why did you stop the vodka/water method and switch to just water?  And yes, it is possible that the vodka/water solution could have made that much of a difference!  It did for me.

Since you have stated that the only time you felt OK was when you dosed with the vodka/water solution, why not go back and give it another try; this time for more than a couple of days?  Since it helped you feel better before, what have you got to lose?

If you start to feel worse, hold and come back here to tell us how you are feeling.  There are many kind, helpful moderators who are here to guide you; as well as many intelligent, experienced BB members who have gone through the vodka/water method before us who can educate you going forward.

All I can tell you for sure is that the benzo/vodka/water solution was the only method that worked for me, and worked well.

YMMV.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do!  :)

doriia:

All I can tell you for sure is that the benzo/vodka/water solution was the only method that worked for me, and worked well.

It was the only thing that worked for me, also. I couldn't do cut and hold, and the Pharma Rx liquid benzo made me ill. "Home brew" of vodka, benzo, water saved my bu**.

Why not go back and try it again?

Best to you,

:smitten:

Katz

doriia:

It was the only thing that worked for me, also. I couldn't do cut and hold, and the Pharma Rx liquid benzo made me ill. "Home brew" of vodka, benzo, water saved my bu**.

Why not go back and try it again?

Best to you,

Katz

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gudruna, I'd appreciate that, thank you. While i was trying the wrong plan and ended up updosing the only time i felt Ok was when i made my dose with vodka/water for just a coupla days as a try-out. Then I continued with just water, and everything has been downhill since. Do you think maybe that is what's causing the problem? I feel like i've been all over the map from the time i asked the question here. I haven't had a break or a window since then. Is it possible that vodka/water could have made that much of a difference, and if so, shall i start using that method instead from here on?

Sorry you are struggling. Sometimes folks unintentionally give out inaccurate info. This is why it is important to discuss taper plans out in the open so that it can be scrutinized by others just in case there is a discrepancy.

It more than likely is the case of the escalated symptoms. You will not know unless you give it a shot :thumbsup:

If you are not sure how to make an adequate solution or need help with calculations just ask, we are here for you!

Sorry you are struggling. Sometimes folks unintentionally give out inaccurate info. This is why it is important to discuss taper plans out in the open so that it can be scrutinized by others just in case there is a discrepancy.

It more than likely is the case of the escalated symptoms. You will not know unless you give it a shot :thumbsup:

If you are not sure how to make an adequate solution or need help with calculations just ask, we are here for you!

Thank you, Al Sharp and Oregonkatz! I need to think long and hard about what to do next, but at this point I'm thinking of going with the vodka/water solution.

Gudruna; Someone from a benzo page made a new calculation for me where my dose should be at 30.5 ml instead of 54 ml. It states:  "I agree that you have updosed if you wanted to take 0.076 mg but are drinking 61.2 mL at a concentration of 0.0025 mg/mL which is 0.153 mg. To get the correct dose in a solution of 0.5 mg mixed into 200 mL, divide the desired dose by the mg/mL. 0.07647mg / 0.0025 mg/mL = 30.588 mL"

On my end, I can't find anything wrong with these new results. Hence, let me ask this: If i were to get down to the new dose & drop down to 30.5 ml gradually after being on a higher dose (54 ml) for just 10 days now (using only the water solution), could it be done, or will it cause horrible withdrawals?

I was thinking of reducing 5 ml first and hold using the vodka/water method before continuing. If that's not such a great idea, my only option left is to bite the bullet & keep on tapering down from the higher dose of 54 ml, which means I've kindled.  :(:-\

Please, let me know what you think.

Thank you, Al Sharp and Oregonkatz! I need to think long and hard about what to do next, but at this point I'm thinking of going with the vodka/water solution.

Gudruna; Someone from a benzo page made a new calculation for me where my dose should be at 30.5 ml instead of 54 ml. It states:  "I agree that you have updosed if you wanted to take 0.076 mg but are drinking 61.2 mL at a concentration of 0.0025 mg/mL which is 0.153 mg. To get the correct dose in a solution of 0.5 mg mixed into 200 mL, divide the desired dose by the mg/mL. 0.07647mg / 0.0025 mg/mL = 30.588 mL"

On my end, I can't find anything wrong with these new results. Hence, let me ask this: If i were to get down to the new dose & drop down to 30.5 ml gradually after being on a higher dose (54 ml) for just 10 days now (using only the water solution), could it be done, or will it cause horrible withdrawals?

I was thinking of reducing 5 ml first and hold using the vodka/water method before continuing. If that's not such a great idea, my only option left is to bite the bullet & keep on tapering down from the higher dose of 54 ml, which means I've kindled.  :(:-\

If I was in your situation this is what I would do.

Because of the accidentally updose to 54ml for 10days, I would now take 10 days to reduce back down to the 30.5ml. 

So 54ml-30.5ml=23.5ml/10days= 2.35ml reduction per day to 30.5ml. IF you become symptomatic hold until you feel well enough to continue on, simple as that :thumbsup:

Also, I would switch over to the vodka solution or even consider making a suspension. Either way should work.

Don't worry about "kindling"...try to focus on being benzo free regardless of what "may be",  it is what it is...

Because of the accidentally updose to 54ml for 10days, I would now take 10 days to reduce back down to the 30.5ml. 

So 54ml-30.5ml=23.5ml/10days= 2.35ml reduction per day to 30.5ml. IF you become symptomatic hold until you feel well enough to continue on, simple as that :thumbsup:

Also, I would switch over to the vodka solution or even consider making a suspension. Either way should work.

Don't worry about "kindling"...try to focus on being benzo free regardless of what "may be",  it is what it is...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That sound great! You are so right, once things happen, we must learn to roll with the punches. It's hard to do with an injured benzo brain tho  :idiot:. This plan is much less scary than the one i had in mind. At least it sounds less brutal anyway.

Thank you so much for your help!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Gudruna et al!  :thumbsup: Just checking in to let you know my progress. At the moment I'm at 46 ml, down from 54. Had to slow down bc sxs were too strong. From here on, I'll keep the pace at 2ml daily , see what i can handle. As always, hold as needed if it's a must. Worst sxs is insomnia, so I wanted to ask you if trazadone could be beneficial at just 25 mg. I tried the low dose benedryl, but not keen on continuing since it doesn't last long enough, and unisom gives you a hangover from hell, at least in my case. Oh, also i tried half clonodine 0.1 mg with the same short duration as far as effectiveness is concerned. Anyway, as always, any advice would be appreciated. Also noteworthy is something I'm not too sure about. To get some relief on this insane cog fog and benzo brain, I've decided to try Thiamine & Lysine. It's only been a few days but it seems that it's doing something.

Hoping that you're doing well!  :thumbsup:

Hi doriia.

I used Trazodone for awhile during my taper for insomnia. God knows, I tried everything. The T worked for a bit, then didn't, and I didn't want to increase the dose. (I hear you about Unisom -- a great little sleeping pill if you want to stay in bed with major cotton head all the next day  :-\)

What DID work for me and continues to consistently work is marijuana. I don't know where you live and if it is legal there, but indica mj definitely works for me.  I make my own tinctures and if you want the "recipe" just PM me.

Hope you can get on top of the insomnia. It is a horrid, vile, nasty, awful s/x Once I "got rid of" most lingering s/x, that damned insomnia was left. I did not wait for sleep to return, as I had been assured by other BBs would happen. Nope. Sleep has lost my address.  So I had to be proactive. I have to get up at 6:30 in the a.m. and drive 1.5 hours to and from work. I can't afford to be doing it on no sleep. So I experimented with mj (after trying everything else). Ahh . . . bliss. No hangover.

I don't know anything about Thiamine or Lysine.

Hope things work out,

Katz

Hi doriia.

I used Trazodone for awhile during my taper for insomnia. God knows, I tried everything. The T worked for a bit, then didn't, and I didn't want to increase the dose. (I hear you about Unisom -- a great little sleeping pill if you want to stay in bed with major cotton head all the next day  :-\)

What DID work for me and continues to consistently work is marijuana. I don't know where you live and if it is legal there, but indica mj definitely works for me.  I make my own tinctures and if you want the "recipe" just PM me.

Hope you can get on top of the insomnia. It is a horrid, vile, nasty, awful s/x Once I "got rid of" most lingering s/x, that damned insomnia was left. I did not wait for sleep to return, as I had been assured by other BBs would happen. Nope. Sleep has lost my address.  So I had to be proactive. I have to get up at 6:30 in the a.m. and drive 1.5 hours to and from work. I can't afford to be doing it on no sleep. So I experimented with mj (after trying everything else). Ahh . . . bliss. No hangover.

I don't know anything about Thiamine or Lysine.

Hope things work out,

Katz

Thanks Katz! :thumbsup: I wish it was legal in my state, but sadly it's not. I've been using full strength CBD together with melatonin -- and sometimes L-theanine with some success. Tart cherry pills (concentrated) also helps to an extent. I've heard that the lower one goes in doses, the worse the insomnia gets. I was hoping that wasn't true. :( It's only gotten bad recently, so that's my take on it but I hope it rectifies soon enough, because I need to be functional. I have no idea about what to do if it gets worse as I jumping pretty soon.  :-X BTW, I got both, Trazadone and Seroquel, but either one makes you stupid the next day with cotton brain and mental sluggishness all around. Not exactly what we need, is it?  :idiot: