Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Does anyone just take their dose at bedtime?

[Ma...]

I used to.

This VARIES with each person metabolism, the Benzo prescribed, and for what condition.

I'm tapering a short acting (Xanax) for plain (refractive) insomnia. Cannot tolerate the head-mush from long acting.

So now I "pre-dose" late afternoon, to avoid the interdose withdrawal. It's not been easy, but things are better than before

LC

• 5 weeks later...
Hey Mag, there is a good chance you can, a lot of people only dose 1 time a day.  You may want to bring part of it at a time, see how you feel for a few days after you move it.  That way, you can be sure 1 dose is okay for you . Just take your time, Valium has a long half life.  I take two doses but will be going to one dose, I think when I get to around 5 mgs.  Good luck.  Mary 💜

Mary

This was a post from a while back. I ended up adding the  amount as a separate dose. I always dosed once. When I taper that amount, I’ll go back to once a day. 

Mary

This was a post from a while back. I ended up adding the  amount as a separate dose. I always dosed once. When I taper that amount, I’ll go back to once a day.

Oh, sorry Mag, I better start looking at dates, I was off a week with a nasty migraine and got behind

:(:)